1986 (MCMLXXXVI) was a common year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 1986th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 986th year of the 2nd millennium, the 86th year of the 20th century, and the 7th year of the 1980s decade. Also the last year the blue and gold army witnessed their sooky-lala team win anything.

For a moment there I thought the bots had invaded again. As it turns out, very funny. đź‘Ť

last edited by mike

Their last premiership was September 86. I was born November 86. I like to believe my birth cursed them and they won’t win another comp till after I shuffle off this mortal coil.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

@GNR4LIFE said in 1986:

Their last premiership was September 86. I was born November 86. I like to believe my birth cursed them and they won’t win another comp till after I shuffle off this mortal coil.

I hope you live a very long and prosperous life, filled with many WT premierships

@GNR4LIFE said in 1986:

I hope you live as long as the mythical Methusaleh

@GNR4LIFE said in 1986:

Very Dark đź‘ą I like it

I thought Spock had been resumed with that post.

Well it’s only 1 - 0 to us and we are not much better.
One thing i can say at least there supporters get to watch them play finals football, although bundled out in straight sets this year.

I am just glad to see the Roosters not WIN a 3 peat with the way they can bring in players mid season like SBW.

With the 4 teams left now, i think i would rather see the Storm win but Panthers deserve the title this season.

Found this funny from the NRL Physio

https://twitter.com/nrlphysio/status/1315046138634883077?s=21

You are describing Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy. It mostly occurs following severe emotional or physical stress. The condition is temporary and most people recover within two months. Treatment in the meantime comes in the form of high doses of Parra 1986 highlights

FA679192-7EEE-4240-8EC5-C1D5C488678D.jpeg

last edited by mike

Played a helluva lot of footy in 1986 …probably about 65-70 games …maybe more

Beta cord was the video system of choice

@Tigerbuck63 said in 1986:

I thought Spock had been resumed with that post.

Well it’s only 1 - 0 to us and we are not much better.
One thing i can say at least there supporters get to watch them play finals football, although bundled out in straight sets this year.

I am just glad to see the Roosters not WIN a 3 peat with the way they can bring in players mid season like SBW.

With the 4 teams left now, i think i would rather see the Storm win but Panthers deserve the title this season.

On the positive side…they have also won 3 more wooden spoons in their time than us as a combined club…

@happy_tiger said in 1986:

Played a helluva lot of footy in 1986 …probably about 65-70 games …maybe more

I drank a helluva lot of schooners in 86…probably about 65 or 70000…maybe more

Was so long since Eels won that the Chernobyl disaster happened the same year.

1986 was also the last time haley’s comet was visable won’t be seen again for another 33 years hope the same can be said for the slimeys next premiership

I watched the 86 Grand Final and listened to Roy and HG call it on the radio. Early days for those two and bloody funny.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme