Brooks vs Moses

In light of the the flat track bully last night wrecking his team’s momentum and being one of the factors why they lost, when it boils down to it, just how better, if at all is he than Brooks? Moses struggled big time over the second half of the year. Once Parra started struggling, he was like a bat out of hell. Was nowhere to be seen at all in the 2 finals. I think Brown got exposed as well last night, but that’s another story.

Would we be in a stronger position if we kept Moses and let Brooks go? I don’t believe for a second we would be.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

Moses was still better overall, Brooks was awful this year

Neither guy know how to ice the big games and I can’t see either of them leading their teams to premiership glory as a dominant half. Happy we don’t have Moses for sure and I hope brooks finds his form again

last edited by JoshColeman99

While it was sad to lose another very talented junior, I don’t believe Moses staying was a viable outcome. Brooks with Kepaoa and Garner on the left immediately looked a more dangerous player. I’d take Brooks every time, he has a far better temperament

Moses has self confidence by the bucket load and that helps to gloss over his weaknesses. On the other hand Brooks is the opposite. Most great halves had plenty of self confidence. I rate Moses slightly higher but with his defence issues will always have to play in a strong team where he will get coverage. Next year will be make or break for Brooks

The only thing Moses has over Brooks is confidence and with that comes his childish / immature personality. Occasionally his confidence will give him a few good games but overall he is a very average half and a complete wanker with huge dibs on himself. Brooks at least seems to be a good bloke and as a coach I’d rather build a team around Brooks than Moses.

last edited by Tcat

@supercoach said in Brooks vs Moses:

Moses has self confidence by the bucket load and that helps to gloss over his weaknesses.

I’m not sure about that. I believe his appearance of confidence is a facade. Usually guys with self confidence (self belief) are able to ice the big moments, which Moses has conspicuously failed to do more than once.

What appears like confidence is probably arrogance, or a sense of superiority, which is has no foundation in reality.

To be fair Moses was in the top 10 point scorers - where was Brooks. However that is the only thing he has over him - a goalkicker. Still wouldn’t have him anywhere near WT.

If moses stayed and Brooks left we would than have 2 halves that can’t tackle

We would’ve been the wooden spoon team

We aren’t good enough to cover for 1 half that can’t tackle let alone 2

So I’d say we are better off with Brooks

And I know it was only one game but Brooks and AD looked great when Benji went off against slineys

Apple’s v oranges. Moses may have won us some games this year with his goal kicking and try assists that Brooks may not have been able to. Brooks however probably saved a few tries through defending that in our team Moses would have been trampled. I still think together they would have complemented each other - but all history now.

@GNR4LIFE said in Brooks vs Moses:

In light of the the flat track bully last night wrecking his team’s momentum and being one of the factors why they lost, when it boils down to it, just how better, if at all is he than Brooks? Moses struggled big time over the second half of the year. Once Parra started struggling, he was like a bat out of hell. Was nowhere to be seen at all in the 2 finals. I think Brown got exposed as well last night, but that’s another story.

Would we be in a stronger position if we kept Moses and let Brooks go? I don’t believe for a second we would be.

Brown is still young, last night could be a game he grows from. Moses on the otherhand will struggle to get over the way last night played out.

@cochise said in Brooks vs Moses:

Brown is still young, last night could be a game he grows from. Moses on the otherhand will struggle to get over the way last night played out.

Dylan Brown is going to be a fabulous players. He’s already great and he’s still very young, eels missed him when he was out injured he’s who they should build their team around

@supercoach said in Brooks vs Moses:

Next year will be make or break for Brooks

We keep saying this every year. And we keep saying it because we know he has some very silky skills. I think Madge missed a golden opportunity in 2020 to get Brooks more involved emotionally, by simply making him captain. He also has a decent right cross if he throws from the ball of his right foot, with feeling.

@JoshColeman99 said in Brooks vs Moses:

@cochise said in Brooks vs Moses:

Dylan Brown is going to be a fabulous players. He’s already great and he’s still very young, eels missed him when he was out injured he’s who they should build their team around

I agree mate, I’d take him in a second. He made some mistakes last night but I see that as a learning experience for him.

I like how every tv news in the sports section they replay Moses’s missed kick. Hope it haunts him for a very long time.

Self confident people don’t go sooky lala when the ref trips them over…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme