The Backline in 2021

With the addition of Roberts, it’s created a real cluster for spots that will result in 1 or 2 regulars in 2020 missing out on a spot. Assuming everyone is fit. For balance, I think AD definitely has to move to 6. That would ease things somewhat. So that leaves the question of who plays 1.

AJ - Probably a bit too green. Though I do believe he played there at some point coming through the grades

Mbye - Maybe the safest assumption, but by no means the safest option

Roberts - Has played there before I believe, but probably putting a lot on his shoulders right off the bat. And given his off field issues, could do without the pressure

You would think BJ and Jimmy will get first dibs in the centres. And Noffa has one wing sewn up. Which leaves one wing and fullback up for grabs. I feel like AJ gets the wing spot and Mbye plays 1. Which leaves Tommy out in the cold, which I know would make a few of you happy. All of this is under the assumption AD moves to 6. Which if he doesn’t, will only create more of a headache. Also, not taking into account the potential signing of Mansour. And don’t forget Reece Hoffman

Head explodes

Plenty of depth.

I’m disappointed for Talau, and hope we can find him a spot. I really believe he will come good, has all the physical attributes and age on his side.

I think I like AD at centre most, but we have way too many with the likes of Momo, who I also like, probably missing out too. But also keen to keep seeing what AD can do at 6, definitely anywhere but fullback for him IMO.

If we don’t get Laurie, I’d rather go with the safety/experience of Mbye at the back for now.

BJ/Roberts in the centres, Nofa and I guess AJ maybe to begin with on the wing - Talau can’t play there.

I think Mbye at 1. His main issue was under the high ball IMO. If they can work on that in the off-season he’ll be fine there. If Laurie comes that presents another option…

Jesus, totally forgot about Momo and Laurie. Ay Caramba.

I fully agree it is too much for Robert atm
But he has all the tools to be a lethal fullback.
If we get Laurie,chuck him in .2021 will be a learning curve and prime him for 2022

This thread needs more Milky…

last edited by Geo

I think this thread is the embodiment of Lees words on SEN when he was asked about Mansour. We have spoken to him but well sorted for outside backs and he hoped that there would be good news later that week (Roberts). I would hope that there is zero chance of Mansour coming. I have been critical of Talau but he is better for the club than Mansour.

When Tommy is our weakest link in the backs, we are in good shape. Lest we forget, Rankin, Jennings et al.

Mbye HAS to be 14.

It will change our whole balance positively if he goes there.

He should be nowhere but 14.

I would say if Laurie doesn’t come early Madge will go with the following…

1 Mybe
2 Nofoluma
3 BJ Leiluia
4 Roberts
5 AJ
6 Doueihi
7 Brooks
8 Tamou
9 Liddle
10 Musgrove
11 Garner
12 L Leiluia
13 Twal
14 Stefano
15 Mikaele
16 Packer
17 Seyfathe /MCK

I can live with that. If we do get Laurie for 21, then he plays fullback and Mybe takes Seyfath/MCK spot on the bench.

Talau, Momo are backup centre/wing. Though Talau might be competition for AJ’s wing spot.

EDIT… forgot Blore

1 Mybe
2 Nofoluma
3 BJ Leiluia
4 Roberts
5 AJ
6 Doueihi
7 Brooks
8 Tamou
9 Liddle
10 Musgrove
11 Blore
12 L Leiluia
13 Twal
14 Stefano
15 Mikaele
16 Packer
17 Garner/Seyfath/Simpkon

last edited by TigerVinnie

@TigerVinnie said in The Backline in 2021:

1 Mybe
2 Nofoluma
3 BJ Leiluia
4 Roberts
5 AJ
6 Doueihi
7 Brooks
8 Tamou
9 Liddle
10 Musgrove
11 Garner
12 L Leiluia
13 Twal
14 Stefano
15 Mikaele
16 Packer
17 Seyfathe /MCK

I can live with that. If we do get Laurie for 21, then he plays fullback and Mybe takes Seyfath/MCK spot on the bench.

Talau, Momo are backup centre/wing. Though Talau might be competition for AJ’s wing spot.

So no simpkins?

1 Mybe
2 Nofoluma
3 BJ Leiluia
4 Roberts
5 AJ
6 Doueihi
7 Brooks
8 Tamou
9 Liddle
10 Musgrove
11 Garner
12 L Leiluia
13 Twal
14 Stefano
15 Mikaele
16 Packer
17 Seyfathe /MCK

Blore?

@TheDaBoss said in The Backline in 2021:

1 Mybe
2 Nofoluma
3 BJ Leiluia
4 Roberts
5 AJ
6 Doueihi
7 Brooks
8 Tamou
9 Liddle
10 Musgrove
11 Garner
12 L Leiluia
13 Twal
14 Stefano
15 Mikaele
16 Packer
17 Seyfathe /MCK

Blore?

Very good point! forgot about him…

Possibly taking the starting spot off Garner, with Garner to the bench/out?

@carltonleach said in The Backline in 2021:

1 Mybe
2 Nofoluma
3 BJ Leiluia
4 Roberts
5 AJ
6 Doueihi
7 Brooks
8 Tamou
9 Liddle
10 Musgrove
11 Garner
12 L Leiluia
13 Twal
14 Stefano
15 Mikaele
16 Packer
17 Seyfathe /MCK

So no simpkins?

I would assume he starts making a appearance on the bench about mid season onwards. He is still a young kid, would hate for him to get an injury run like Liddle. However if Madge believes his body is up for it then I wouldn’t complain seeing him take the last bench spot.

1 Mybe
2 Nofoluma
3 BJ Leiluia
4 Roberts
5 AJ
6 Doueihi
7 Brooks
8 Tamou
9 Liddle
10 Musgrove
11 Garner
12 L Leiluia
13 Twal
14 Stefano
15 Mikaele
16 Packer
17 Seyfathe /MCK

EDIT… forgot Blore

1 Mybe
2 Nofoluma
3 BJ Leiluia
4 Roberts
5 AJ
6 Doueihi
7 Brooks
8 Tamou
9 Liddle
10 Musgrove
11 Blore
12 L Leiluia
13 Twal
14 Stefano
15 Mikaele
16 Packer
17 Garner/Seyfath/Simpkon

Packer???😖

@TheDaBoss said in The Backline in 2021:

1 Mybe
2 Nofoluma
3 BJ Leiluia
4 Roberts
5 AJ
6 Doueihi
7 Brooks
8 Tamou
9 Liddle
10 Musgrove
11 Garner
12 L Leiluia
13 Twal
14 Stefano
15 Mikaele
16 Packer
17 Seyfathe /MCK

Blore?

Very good point! forgot about him…

Possibly taking the starting spot off Garner, with Garner to the bench/out?

Yeh I think he is way to good to be playing reserve grade IMO. I’ve not seen enough of seyfarth yet heard good things but haven’t seen much if I’m being honest

last edited by carltonleach

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme