The Backline in 2021

@hank37w said in The Backline in 2021:

@JayT said in The Backline in 2021:

@GNR4LIFE said in The Backline in 2021:

With the addition of Roberts, it’s created a real cluster for spots that will result in 1 or 2 regulars in 2020 missing out on a spot. Assuming everyone is fit. For balance, I think AD definitely has to move to 6. That would ease things somewhat. So that leaves the question of who plays 1.

AJ - Probably a bit too green. Though I do believe he played there at some point coming through the grades

Mbye - Maybe the safest assumption, but by no means the safest option

Roberts - Has played there before I believe, but probably putting a lot on his shoulders right off the bat. And given his off field issues, could do without the pressure

You would think BJ and Jimmy will get first dibs in the centres. And Noffa has one wing sewn up. Which leaves one wing and fullback up for grabs. I feel like AJ gets the wing spot and Mbye plays 1. Which leaves Tommy out in the cold, which I know would make a few of you happy. All of this is under the assumption AD moves to 6. Which if he doesn’t, will only create more of a headache. Also, not taking into account the potential signing of Mansour. And don’t forget Reece Hoffman

Head explodes

Agree completely it should be those spots, and Tommy probably won’t make the team most of the time. Would Storm really have let us have JAC if we gave Tommy? Mbye will play fullback for 2021

Did Storm ever even ask for Tommy as part of a swap deal?
Did we ask Tommy if he was willing to go?
Did Tommy say NO?
Would really be interesting to know.

I guess the major question for me is, was JAC ever serious about coming here or did he just have us a backup if the Storm didn’t give him an upgrade?

@Earl said in The Backline in 2021:

@willow said in The Backline in 2021:

Talau gets jersey 14 - utility value as he can play wing at a pinch, centre, 6 or on an edge backrow.

I like that option but the problem is Liddle won’t be able to play 80 minutes per game over the course of the season. We need a hooker or utility hooker on the bench. Mbye is the best option but he is also the best option at fullback.

It’d be great to get that Penrith kid a year early.

Read many people on here say Liddle won’t be able to play 80 minutes per game.

May I ask why? - the answer is not because he won’t be fit - he has a whole off season, same as every other DH.

@Tiger5150 said in The Backline in 2021:

@Snake said in The Backline in 2021:

@Geo said in The Backline in 2021:

AJ has all the qualities for a good 1 , if the Penrith kids not here AJ is my selection …Mbye offers nothing in that role he will be the 14 for the entire season.

Is catching bombs a good fullback quality…?

Of course so why is Mbye the preferred ?

Outstanding passing game, the best of all the FB options.

Wow someone negative repped my post?

Someone really hates Mbye (or me)…

AJ has all the qualities for a good 1 , if the Penrith kids not here AJ is my selection …Mbye offers nothing in that role he will be the 14 for the entire season.

He’s pretty fast too. His weakness was under the high ball but there’s no reason that can’t be improved over the off-season.

@avocadoontoast said in The Backline in 2021:

He’s pretty fast too. His weakness was under the high ball but there’s no reason that can’t be improved over the off-season.

Exactly, get him under Happys Fig Tree all off season. In the absence of DL, Mbye is clearly our best option at FB IMO.

Exactly, get him under Happys Fig Tree all off season. In the absence of DL, Mbye is clearly our best option at FB IMO.

No doubt about it. Mbye was great for us at fullback in 2018. If he can get back to anything like that form he’ll be an asset. He’s a good player, just overpaid (not his fault)

No doubt about it. Mbye was great for us at fullback in 2018. If he can get back to anything like that form he’ll be an asset. He’s a good player, just overpaid (not his fault)

Somebody down repped this post as well. There is a Mbye hater out there. Maybe TT is on the forum?

Somebody down repped this post as well. There is a Mbye hater out there. Maybe TT is on the forum?

Haters gonna hate

People seem to think Mbye is a bludger and the worst player in the world and never tries on the field. If he was in $400k no one would bat an eyelid about his performances.

Haters gonna hate

Go back over the last few posts with somewhat positive comments about Mbye. Everyone has been down repped.

I picture someone in their basement, fists in balls of fury, eyes squinted shut…“NO NO NO Mbye is BAD! HE COSTS US LOTS OF MONEY!!!”

@JoshColeman99 said in The Backline in 2021:

People seem to think Mbye is a bludger and the worst player in the world and never tries on the field. If he was in $400k no one would bat an eyelid about his performances.

He’s not though. And that’s the problem.

No i think that i would still question his performances if he was half the coin. Although not to the same intensity.

Problem is also with Mybe/Reynolds/Packer there just too difficult to off load even if we subsidize a couple if $100k.

He wants out i have heard it directly from his Manager and Titans was an option but that’s all gone quiet now.

YOU have to be kidding,do you watch the games?

@GNR4LIFE said in The Backline in 2021:

He’s not though. And that’s the problem.

That’s not his fault. In no universe was he ever a $800k player. If you judge him as one you will always be disappointed because he was never ever worth that much. Thanks Ivan.

@Tigerbuck63 said in The Backline in 2021:

No i think that i would still question his performances if he was half the coin. Although not to the same intensity.

Problem is also with Mybe/Reynolds/Packer there just too difficult to off load even if we subsidize a couple if $100k.

He wants out i have heard it directly from his Manager and Titans was an option but that’s all gone quiet now.

At least we’ve only got one more season of Reynolds and Packer. Mbye has another two heard right? Hopefully he can find an early release, cause by 2022 I don’t see him in our top 13

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme