@Tiger5150 said in The Backline in 2021:

@avocadoontoast said in The Backline in 2021:

@Snake said in The Backline in 2021:

@Geo said in The Backline in 2021:

AJ has all the qualities for a good 1 , if the Penrith kids not here AJ is my selection …Mbye offers nothing in that role he will be the 14 for the entire season.

Is catching bombs a good fullback quality…?

Of course so why is Mbye the preferred ?

Outstanding passing game, the best of all the FB options.

He’s pretty fast too. His weakness was under the high ball but there’s no reason that can’t be improved over the off-season.

Exactly, get him under Happys Fig Tree all off season. In the absence of DL, Mbye is clearly our best option at FB IMO.

No doubt about it. Mbye was great for us at fullback in 2018. If he can get back to anything like that form he’ll be an asset. He’s a good player, just overpaid (not his fault)

Somebody down repped this post as well. There is a Mbye hater out there. Maybe TT is on the forum?

People seem to think Mbye is a bludger and the worst player in the world and never tries on the field. If he was in $400k no one would bat an eyelid about his performances.

He’s not though. And that’s the problem.

He has an opportunity to also prove all of us that don’t rate him incorrect and assume the fullback role and not a utility.

So does Brooks with no Marshall.

New season new team make up / combinations but i am being realistic if we finish in the 8 next year i would be surprised.

@JoshColeman99 said in The Backline in 2021:

@Tigerbuck63 said in The Backline in 2021:

AJ has all the qualities for a good 1 , if the Penrith kids not here AJ is my selection …Mbye offers nothing in that role he will be the 14 for the entire season.

He’s pretty fast too. His weakness was under the high ball but there’s no reason that can’t be improved over the off-season.

Exactly, get him under Happys Fig Tree all off season. In the absence of DL, Mbye is clearly our best option at FB IMO.

No doubt about it. Mbye was great for us at fullback in 2018. If he can get back to anything like that form he’ll be an asset. He’s a good player, just overpaid (not his fault)

Somebody down repped this post as well. There is a Mbye hater out there. Maybe TT is on the forum?

People seem to think Mbye is a bludger and the worst player in the world and never tries on the field. If he was in $400k no one would bat an eyelid about his performances.

No i think that i would still question his performances if he was half the coin. Although not to the same intensity.

Problem is also with Mybe/Reynolds/Packer there just too difficult to off load even if we subsidize a couple if $100k.

He wants out i have heard it directly from his Manager and Titans was an option but that’s all gone quiet now.

At least we’ve only got one more season of Reynolds and Packer. Mbye has another two heard right? Hopefully he can find an early release, cause by 2022 I don’t see him in our top 13

In reality i really don’t rate Mybe but in the few games he played at fullback last season (2 if i recall) i thought these were his best games all season.

Like any player that plays fir the WT and represents us i would like them all to be playing at there best and representing us members with the same passion we have for the club.

JA - Very disappointing how publicly played out but with Marshall showing these other guys to use the press to there advantage what does one expect - does not always work???

No i think that i would still question his performances if he was half the coin. Although not to the same intensity.

Problem is also with Mybe/Reynolds/Packer there just too difficult to off load even if we subsidize a couple if $100k.

He wants out i have heard it directly from his Manager and Titans was an option but that’s all gone quiet now.

At least we’ve only got one more season of Reynolds and Packer. Mbye has another two heard right? Hopefully he can find an early release, cause by 2022 I don’t see him in our top 13

In reality i really don’t rate Mybe but in the few games he played at fullback last season (2 if i recall) i thought these were his best games all season.

Like any player that plays fir the WT and represents us i would like them all to be playing at there best and representing us members with the same passion we have for the club.

JA - Very disappointing how publicly played out but with Marshall showing these other guys to use the press to there advantage what does one expect - does not always work???

His issue at fullback was his catching. Did good at everything else.

Apart from captaining. We need a new captain. One who leads and inspires.

@Fade-To-Black said in The Backline in 2021:

Apart from captaining. We need a new captain. One who leads and inspires.

Tamou will be co captain at least I’m sure

I wouldn’t rule Tommy out , i just feel its great that there will be serious competition for a place in the team , luv it

@Russell said in The Backline in 2021:

@Earl said in The Backline in 2021:

@willow said in The Backline in 2021:

Talau gets jersey 14 - utility value as he can play wing at a pinch, centre, 6 or on an edge backrow.

I like that option but the problem is Liddle won’t be able to play 80 minutes per game over the course of the season. We need a hooker or utility hooker on the bench. Mbye is the best option but he is also the best option at fullback.

It’d be great to get that Penrith kid a year early.

Read many people on here say Liddle won’t be able to play 80 minutes per game.

May I ask why? - the answer is not because he won’t be fit - he has a whole off season, same as every other DH.

it’s a really tough position and often players need a rest throughout the game and definitely throughout the season. I’d like to be wrong but I just can’t see him going all season 80 minutes a game. You don’t expect props to do it and I think it’s unrealistic to think Liddle can do it. I’d like him to be able too.

Match fitness… probably will take at least half a season before he’s up to 80…might be wrong

@GNR4LIFE said in The Backline in 2021:

He’s not though. And that’s the problem.

Not once they cross the white line its not.

Not last year to be fair. He only had limited opportunities last year but never dropped a bomb. Wasnt significantly tested though.

@innsaneink said in The Backline in 2021:

Match fitness… probably will take at least half a season before he’s up to 80…might be wrong

Won’t it be the same for every DH at every club though?

i’m kinda lost on this year i was really expecting a rebuilding year with the young players getting more time to devlop playing games and forming combinatons than we go off and buy roberts a player who hasnt been good in years so we can hold back more of the youngsters till they relize why are we even here for and leave

does anyone even know roberts hasnt been good in years ?? yet hes a walk up starter based on NAME VALUE this is the type of stuff we don’t need at our club

@Joelcainenumber1fan said in The Backline in 2021:

i’m kinda lost on this year i was really expecting a rebuilding year with the young players getting more time to devlop playing games and forming combinatons than we go off and buy roberts a player who hasnt been good in years so we can hold back more of the youngsters till they relize why are we even here for and leave

does anyone even know roberts hasnt been good in years ?? yet hes a walk up starter based on NAME VALUE this is the type of stuff we don’t need at our club

I’m surprised by how many people think he’ll be starting for us. I don’t see him playing many game’s for us at all

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme