Souths win tonight could be a blessing in discuise

With Souths winning tonight the team finds itself in 11th spot 1 point behind the rabbits and 2 points behind 8th. This win by the rabbits should ensure the boys really turn up to play next Monday night, especially if some of the results over the coming weekend go our way…If we beat Manly then I really rate our chances of sneaking into the eight…

also if we lose next week and Souths win they will be three away from us. Having two teams between us and the eight that far away isn’t good. This is the season imo.

The last bite of the cherry so to speak. No more second chances. A game that must be won. Lose and get out the calculator and pray on other results going Wests way. Win and the Tigers keep themselves very much alive in the hunt for Finals contention. 2009 is on the line. How badly does the team want it? Monday night will hold the answer.

Every game is must-win now. I think we could lose one game and still sneak in, but remember we have to play Bulldogs, Titans, Manly and Parra….all in pretty good form.

Fingers crossed we have actually turned the corner, but we have 3 wins vs teams in dire straits…Monday will be the acid test…

i dont think south will win next week anyways, i dont think south can do another paramatta, and i am sure bulldogs are going to be pretty fired up for next match…

Maybe the Fonz can pick Rhys Hanbury on the bench again for the next 6 weeks straight . . . . . we will win the comp !!!

Souths are the least of our worries. They have an incredibly hard run in and almost certainly can’t make it.

Even though we can drop a match and still make it, I think the Manly game is ‘must win’. Too much pressure if we lose and every match becomes ‘sudden death’ as a golfer would say.

How could it possibly be a blessing in disguise, our boys have to turn up to play regardless.

Last night’s result means nothing for Wests. The critical margin is the gap between Wests and the teams in the top 8 and top 4.

Sensational press this week regarding how Manly can win the comp after beating Newcastle. Facts are that our Flegg sides would have beaten Newcastle on Friday night.

as long as we beat parra cronulla and roosters we can drop 2 games against the dogs titans and manly.

if we beat manly ill be fairly confident we will scrape into 8th, the problem being over the last 3 years is that we dont win the games we should so IMO we can only afford one loss over the next 4 games, then probably have to beat either the dogs or titans to make it

@Balmain Bug:

Maybe the Fonz can pick Rhys Hanbury on the bench again for the next 6 weeks straight . . . . . we will win the comp !!!

Yeah and while you’re at it nostradamus, maybe you can tell me who’ll win the Melbourne cup this year.

Souths win means little. The Broncos and Cowboys are the teams we want to lose. What difference does 10th/11th make at this point when we are still the same distance from the top 8? Gap between us and 8th point wise is more important than ladder position.

some results in the coming weeks may assist wests-tigers.
if wests-tigers do not continue to win, they don’t deserve any chance of making the 8.
all wests-tigers need to do is concentrate on the game they play this week and win it.

@westTAHger:

some results in the coming weeks may assist wests-tigers.
if wests-tigers do not continue to win, they don’t deserve any chance of making the 8.
all wests-tigers need to do is concentrate on the game they play this week and win it.

exactly right. and the other games this round wont matter if we dont win ourselves

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.