Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

CNN reporting that Trump sat through the opening session of the G20 meeting, tweeting about election fraud and how he’s going to turn the result around in the courts. Then, when the session on pandemic response commenced, he left and went to his golf club.

…and there are people out there who still believe that he deserved a second term!

@jadtiger said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

@happy_tiger said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

BBC is reporting that the inquiry into an element of our SAS unlawfully killing 39 civilians in Afghanistan has just been released.Apparently Scamo has already rang up the Afghanistan president to apologise.

I’m sure I heard allegedly Rudd knew about it

I have not heard that but if true he is as equally culpable as our last 3 coalition prime ministers.A coverup for murder should be against all we as a democracy stand for

Yet we have the General that was in charge of the theatre when many of these atrocities occurred now chief of the military and fronting it’s release, which is not much of a release considering it’s lack of transparency due to do much redaction. It must be remembered that Cambell was the one complicit if uncomfortable, in the concealment of information from the public alongside Scott Morrison during the ridiculous “on water matters” period, that was the forerunner for the continued lack of transparency of this government. That our government is also prosecuting an army lawyer and journalists for their revelations is horrendous, and there is a good article from Laura Tingle of which the text of the first page follows.

Screenshot_20201121-163823_Samsung Internet.jpg

last edited by formerguest

@sheer64 said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

@tigger said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

CNN reporting

🤣 🤣 🤣

CNN has its faults but would be far more reliable than the news service the obese fraud in the white house listens to.The bloke who is ignoring the will of the American voters.

CNN reporting

🤣 🤣 🤣

Not sure why you’re laughing, I remember you saying Trump would win in a landslide and the polls were wrong

@GNR4LIFE said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

Not sure why you’re laughing, I remember you saying Trump would win in a landslide and the polls were wrong

Because I can?

@formerguest said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

@TrueTiger said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

Donny is a fighter.he just keeps throwing the haymakers and hopes a couple will land…

USA…what a mess…

It is absolutely disgusting how much damage Trump has been allowed to continue inflicting on the nation with his complicit Republican leadership. Two and a half weeks post an election he lost by more than 6 million votes and his opponent also won in excess of 30% more of them in the electoral college than his total, he comes out and lies to the nation once again by stating that he won.

This is not an action of a fighter, rather a narcissist that is knowingly endangering democracy. Worse still, he has a tax payer paid press secretary in bull dung Barbie out there lying on his behalf and even stating that the previous administration didn’t allow the transfer of power. This despite his opponent conceding the morning after, getting invited to the white house two days later and attending within a week of the election.

Of course, all agencies were also available for the transition process whenever the incoming administration requested.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1330066662557683712

The GOP will not openly turn against him because they need to keep Trump’s base on side for 2024. They come out and openly slate him they will vote Libertarian. Pence will be the 2024 GOP candidate I reckon. He is established with Trump’s base as his right hand and if he keeps his nose clean he will be able to steer Trump’s base back to the GOP establishment.

@GNR4LIFE said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

Because I can?

That’s a bold argument Cotten

@happy_tiger said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

BBC is reporting that the inquiry into an element of our SAS unlawfully killing 39 civilians in Afghanistan has just been released.Apparently Scamo has already rang up the Afghanistan president to apologise.

I’m sure I heard allegedly Rudd knew about it

I have not heard that but if true he is as equally culpable as our last 3 coalition prime ministers.A coverup for murder should be against all we as a democracy stand for

No government should condone murder of civilians. I don’t care whether it is Labor or LNP. Everyone should be hauled in front of a commission and asked to explain themselves.

CNN reporting

🤣 🤣 🤣

Even Murdoch has turned on Trump. They know he’s cooked.

@Cultured_Bogan said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

@formerguest said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

@TrueTiger said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

Donny is a fighter.he just keeps throwing the haymakers and hopes a couple will land…

USA…what a mess…

It is absolutely disgusting how much damage Trump has been allowed to continue inflicting on the nation with his complicit Republican leadership. Two and a half weeks post an election he lost by more than 6 million votes and his opponent also won in excess of 30% more of them in the electoral college than his total, he comes out and lies to the nation once again by stating that he won.

This is not an action of a fighter, rather a narcissist that is knowingly endangering democracy. Worse still, he has a tax payer paid press secretary in bull dung Barbie out there lying on his behalf and even stating that the previous administration didn’t allow the transfer of power. This despite his opponent conceding the morning after, getting invited to the white house two days later and attending within a week of the election.

Of course, all agencies were also available for the transition process whenever the incoming administration requested.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1330066662557683712

The GOP will not openly turn against him because they need to keep Trump’s base on side for 2024. They come out and openly slate him they will vote Libertarian. Pence will be the 2024 GOP candidate I reckon. He is established with Trump’s base as his right hand and if he keeps his nose clean he will be able to steer Trump’s base back to the GOP establishment.

Which in no way excuses their behaviour. They are having hearings on hydroxychloriquine for Christ’s sake and the senate home for another week whilst not passing any stimulus bill, let alone a reasonable one. Yet when they return they will be forging ahead with federal appointments to the detriment of their constituency.

A funny mix of Trump in the link below for those interested.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1327659656135655425

CNN reporting

🤣 🤣 🤣

The truth lies in between what Trumps “team” is saying in their press conferences and what they are presenting in state courts. THey are not the same. They are presenting a much narrow set of claims in the courts than what they are spruiking at the press conferences. Unless the are prepared to drop some serious evidence in court (and they are running out of time), they are cooked and Trump and Rudy are just embarrassing themselves now.

@Tiger5150 said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

CNN reporting

🤣 🤣 🤣

The truth lies in between what Trumps “team” is saying in their press conferences and what they are presenting in state courts. THey are not the same. They are presenting a much narrow set of claims in the courts than what they are spruiking at the press conferences. Unless the are prepared to drop some serious evidence in court (and they are running out of time), they are cooked and Trump and Rudy are just embarrassing themselves now.

Now? I’d say they have been doing that for a very long time.

Trump has just lost his case in Pennsylvania with the judge claiming that he (Trump) was trying to disenfranchise millions of voters.
It is ridiculous that in the most powerful country in the world and one that is supposed to be democratic that the current leader is looking more like a power crazy despot every day.Trump is doing massive damage to the reputation of his country

The fact Rudy is front and centre as the spokesperson of this farce proves which candidate really has cognitive decline.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme