Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

• Good news. Although it was touch and go for a while, it seems the tick is okay and will make a full recovery.

A little hilarious the right wing clingons are hoping the liar from the Shire finds a backbone and puts PHONY last on the ticket.

• For the first and only time i agreed with something pauline said when she stated scomo was a fool.Her reasoning was wrong but the conclusion was right.

• The Libs will do it but it’s the Nationals who need to step up. Both sides need to put parties they are philosophically opposed to behind their main rival. Daley got the Shooters prefence stuff dead wrong.

• Watching Q&A tonight and thinking, wow, is this the same Arthur Sinodinos that I have known for decades. As I am writing this, he has been asked if his experiences battling cancer has changed his outlook.

There was no need for him to answer, as he had been displaying that he has a changed mindset all evening. Good on him and as he is an influential figure in the Liberal party, hopefully he can help more of them see the light of caring.

• Didnt see the interview what did he say?

• Showed compassion and empathy throughout, both physically and verbally, as he struggled to go even close to repeating the party lines that we continually hear and he would previously happily trumpet. Couldn’t even put the boot into the Greens and if he was my local member, but wasn’t part of that particular party, he would almost certainly get my vote.

He even said that the dole (Newstart) should be raised.

• A modern Ebenezar Scrooge or Saint Paul for the more religious.Thanks for the information hopefully a few more in his party will develop a conscience

• You do realise the dole hasn’t increased in about 2 decades, which means your labor/greens buddies also refused to increase it during their years in power.

And i can’t quite figure out how increasing newstart payments equates to compassion?

I can put my hand up as someone who works 60 hrs a week and say i dont enjoy subsidising the lives of long term unemployed no-hopers one little bit. I would support an increase over the short term, maybe 2-3 months, and then a sharp reduction after that to barely cover the most basic cost of living. If you cant get a job in 10 - 14 weeks then that shouldn’t be my problem to fund.

• ForumSupporter

Best Political Ad ever…*note Language

• Excellent ad Geo

• So it seems that Dutton and his predecessor in that role, the current PM, can bring in a pair of the USA’s accused murderers from detention, but not ill refugees, yet we get some character test and won’t comment on border protection crap again from Morrison.

• @formerguest said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

So it seems that Dutton and his predecessor in that role, the current PM, can bring in a pair of the USA’s accused murderers from detention, but not ill refugees, yet we get some character test and won’t comment on border protection crap again from Morrison.

Hopefully saturday will remove the anti australians from government

• Come on Bill hopefully on Monday huge wage rises for all … then inflation and then up goes interest rates , been waiting for this for years happy days time to make some money! Time for change that is for sure bring on Labor yippee…

• For and Against
    When the Tigers play like The Libs we Win - It provides a Surplus
    When the Tigers play like Labor we Lose - it produces a Deficit.

Our For and Against Differential is currently 0 - As tight as the Next Federal Election 50-50

Let’s hope for a Tiger’s Lib Win folks.

• @LeichhardtTiger said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

For and Against
    When the Tigers play like The Libs we Win - It provides a Surplus
    When the Tigers play like Labor we Lose - it produces a Deficit.

Our For and Against Differential is currently 0 - As tight as the Next Federal Election 50-50

Let’s hope for a Tiger’s Lib Win folks.

No lets hope for a win for Australia and its people and not the libs and their big business owners.

Recent Topics