Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

The way the Labor party put the franking credit situation across during the election was just as bad as the Medicare scares they ran in the previous election.

@happy_tiger @Cultured_Bogan

Both 100% Correct!!

Not sure why there is pushback on this from @formerguest ??

@mrem

it seems that ideology trumps facts.

All too common mate, but it’s all about group identity now right? To them, it’s like a Parramatta supporter telling them that their team is better and they should ditch the Tigers. It would be very hard to convince someone to do that.

@formerguest said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

Couldn’t not post this one for Col.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1203505435006734336

That’s even crazier than when he suggested (without evidence. Shock horror, I know) that the Democrats take new born babies out of their mothers arms and murder them.

Stable genius everybody.

How on earth could this moron (Trump) have people who believe a word he says.He embarrasses himself and his country continually.I can only hope his genetics dont flow on to his childre for their sake

@jadtiger said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

How on earth could this moron (Trump) have people who believe a word he says.He embarrasses himself and his country continually.I can only hope his genetics dont flow on to his childre for their sake

Yet his supporters are rusted on. No amount of common sense or factual discussion will shift them. It’s like arguing with a brick wall. I have recently engaged in a discussion with a nephew, only to find that he was content in his ignorance. Oh well.

He’s already said he’d root his own daughter so I guess that’s entirely a possibility one way or another.

There’s a funny paradox with Trump. He claims to be the greatest, most popular President of all time. So if that’s the case, why is he always defending himself, and going on the offensive more than any other President. Would have thought someone as popular as he clams he is, wouldn’t need to constantly be at war with his critics because he wouldn’t have any.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

@NT_Tiger said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

Yet his supporters are rusted on. No amount of common sense or factual discussion will shift them. It’s like arguing with a brick wall. I have recently engaged in a discussion with a nephew, only to find that he was content in his ignorance. Oh well.

A simple brick wall may be a good idea if they ever start new sections of his wall, as at least it’s better than his prototypes that can be cut through with a cordless reciprocating saw.

Seriously though, how can they not believe the testimony of their public servants at the congressional hearings. Many of them senior, long serving and diligently so fthrough multiple governments of both parties.

That this is on top of so many aides or advisors from his campaign having been found guilty of various related crimes, with some already serving time and others awaiting sentence. His previous lawyer is also in jail for Trump related crime and his replacement up to his neck in the Ukraine impeachment investigation. As you stated above, it is incomprehensible that they ignore the facts and rely only on a Twitter account that has replaced press briefing and questioning.

What I find funny about US politics is that Trump is meant to be the biggest global demon since Hitler, and Clinton and her cronies are trying to belt him with the agendas he is promoting as being the worst in history, but fail to see that Bill and Barack did the same thing…
It’s better than any movie or tv show…Hilary is the absolute worst!!!

I can safely say I’ve never known anybody in the public spotlight to have skin as thin as he does. Its why he goes after the press the way he does, because he can’t handle criticism.

@OzLuke said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

What I find funny about US politics is that Trump is meant to be the biggest global demon since Hitler, and Clinton and her cronies are trying to belt him with the agendas he is promoting as being the worst in history, but fail to see that Bill and Barack did the same thing…

Say what you want about Obama and Hillary, neither use Social Media to vent like teenage girls. And both take whatever abuse they cop, knowing that it comes with the territory. You can’t say that about Trump.

Well, at least none of them have taken the country to war, unlike the Bush’s, particularly the younger, who along with the Blair and Howard governments, though to a lesser extent, are responsible for further destabilising a region and a million or more deaths.

Still, Trump’s personal decision to leave their Kurd allies was pretty well universally derided, even within his own party. What really irked me were his words regarding the small force that remains, as it broadcast not only his, but the general US attitude. They were, or to the effect, “don’t worry we have left troops there to protect our oil fields, they won’t get our oil”.

@GNR4LIFE said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

Say what you want about Obama and Hillary, neither use Social Media to vent like teenage girls. And both take whatever abuse they cop, knowing that it comes with the territory. You can’t say that about Trump.

No because you say something about the Clintons and you wind up dead…suicide by eight gunshot wounds to the back of the head

last edited by OzLuke

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.