Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

dont believe polling anymore waste of time shows how useless turnbull was he almost destroyed the Libs last time all the votes came back this time and prefetence flowed.
good result

@GNR4LIFE said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

Great to see Clive Palmer fall on his big fat arse.

Haha he tried very hard didn’t he? Trying to set himself up as a Donald Trump type figure ready to make Australia great again! Must’ve spent millions on that campaign all for nought. Thank God that Aussies, for the most part, are a bit smarter and didn’t fall for the clap trap from this particular blowhard.

Was funny watching the coverage. One of the labor reps when questioned about their policies said the policies were great, they were just too complex for the electorate.

That sort of smug attitude cost them. The idea that they know better and should dictate the countries future never go down well.

Some of their policies may have been great, but they did a terrible job of explaining them and selling them.

Many of my mortgage carrying labour voting friends admitted to voting against them, out of fear that the value of their house and their equity would plummet

@Cultured_Bogan said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

Disappointed with the result but that’s democracy. Shows how unelectable Shorten was when Abbott could get a gig over him.

Yes, I don’t know why Labor persisted with him for all this time. He’s not very convincing as a leader and they probably would’ve won with someone else out in front.

I still remember Shorten being the main instigator behind Rudd’s ousting as PM, then he went and did the exact same thing to Gillard a couple of years later. Backstabbed his way to the leadership of the ALP, imo. With that kind of snake in the grass character, thank God he will never be leader of the nation.

@TheDaBoss said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

that guy who bet 1 mil on labour to win… must be fuming

It’s Labor…no U in the Labor Party…

@Jedi_Tiger said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

dont believe polling anymore waste of time

I had a friend ask me Saturday morn to put her $20 on the libs for her. She got $5.50. Two hours later they were $7.50. The bookies and polls are no longer good indicators.

@Masterton said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

I had a friend ask me Saturday morn to put her $20 on the libs for her. She got $5.50. Two hours later they were $7.50. The bookies and polls are no longer good indicators.

Trump is 2 dollar favourite on TAB to win in 2020. Guess that means he’s losing 😏

Triple M were not as blatant this year as 3 years ago with “their good friend Tony Abbott”. Oh Julia you have no personality, Ok Tony lets find some music you like that our Audience would too, we know you like Janice Jopelyn. So how about Paul Young “love of the common people”… There you go, Tony is like us.

Anyway this year it was just ‘Gus’ ranting against Labor and how he was tired of his relatives pushing him to vote Labor.

@Harvey said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

Some of their policies may have been great, but they did a terrible job of explaining them and selling them.

Good point. They were a point of difference on the economy which has been mismanaged for years by both parties. They “dumbed down” some of the long term benefits of systemic change and left themselves vulnerable to the fear campaign. You reap what you sow and they are paying the price for being awful at selling a vision. Shorten doesn’t have the credibility or charisma to do justice to bold ideas, and this failure condemns the rest of us to at least another 3 year cycle of negative fear based politics as labor tried the alternative of having a proactive plan and botched it.

@GNR4LIFE they are fake odds.

There are 6 democrats in the market and once they work out who will be their nominee, they will start at $1.60 or less

So who’s their next leader? Do they have someone that resembles a human?

Trump is 2 dollar favourite on TAB to win in 2020. Guess that means he’s losing 😏

Think you may have misread. Didn’t say they were always wrong, just that they’re not good indicators one way or the other.

@gallagher that is a good question. Think Bowen is tarnished, is Penny Wong in the senate? Will Plibersek resonate with the electorate? It could well be Albanese by default

Think you may have misread. Didn’t say they were always wrong, just that they’re not good indicators one way or the other.

Nah, I think I know what you were saying. I was suggesting maybe the odds aren’t an indicator for 2020.

@Harvey said in Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here:

@GNR4LIFE they are fake odds.

There are 6 democrats in the market and once they work out who will be their nominee, they will start at $1.60 or less

That’s right. The only reason he’s so short is because he will be the Republican mominee. The Dem nominee will be favourite I think. At least Biden would be. But as we’re saying, odds are seemingly meaningless.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.