Cricket Season Thread

I think we edged day 1 …can’t believe how long the ball was swinging for

@happy_tiger said in Cricket Season Thread:

I think we edged day 1 …can’t believe how long the ball was swinging for

Good old-fashioned test match bowling, eh?!
And some OK batting too - well played Marnus.

I didn’t realize Marnus had lost his state contract twice as Crash just mentioned

Hard work pays off

See Labuschagne is way beyond happy’s capability…stick with Marnus…

@Geo said in Cricket Season Thread:

See Labuschagne is way beyond happy’s capability…stick with Marnus…

Might shorten it to ML …like it is the in thing …dog…me out

1st hour will be interesting … reckon 340 is par

Looks like Hazelwood has done a hammie.

Wade into bowl 7 overs in

Scissorhands bowls better than he keeps

Geez we have no luck with reviews

Feel asleep before the late wickets. Starc tore through them.

Leg theory is ok but the old footballer in me is hoping this Wagner bloke is bombarded with fast accurate short stuff aimed right into his chest and shoulder when he bats!!

@Tiger_Steve said in Cricket Season Thread:

Leg theory is ok but the old footballer in me is hoping this Wagner bloke is bombarded with fast accurate short stuff aimed right into his chest and shoulder when he bats!!

Wade was nuts shouldering all those short deliveries. No one the first time he lashed out at one he threw his wicket away. Negative cricket, no matter how noble he thought it was. All he was saying to the bowlers was that he wasn’t capable of putting bat to ball to anything short of a length.

But yeah I agree I’d love to see that Harold Larwood wannabe get peppered when he gets out there.

Aussies are bowling well here but the Kiwis are squandering whatever favourable batting conditions they’ve got before the track starts opening up and the demons start finding their wall into the cherry.

@Cultured_Bogan said in Cricket Season Thread:

@Tiger_Steve said in Cricket Season Thread:

Wade was nuts shouldering all those short deliveries. No one the first time he lashed out at one he threw his wicket away. Negative cricket, no matter how noble he thought it was. All he was saying to the bowlers was that he wasn’t capable of putting bat to ball to anything short of a length.

But yeah I agree I’d love to see that Harold Larwood wannabe get peppered when he gets out there.

Agree mate. Very poor batting. I’m happy to say we have established batters 1-4 for a while but to me 5 and 6 are still very fragile. Getting there though. 9 of our first 11 pick themselves I reckon.

last edited by Tiger_Steve

And there goes the slimmest chance of a Kiwi win.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme