Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 05:15pm
WESTS Tigers have served their apprenticeship and are now ready to win the NRL title.
In his first blog of the season, Dean ‘Bulldog’ Ritchie predicts Tim Sheens’ Tigers to secure the 2011 premiership ahead of St George Illawarra.
BULLDOG’S TOP EIGHT PREDICTION
1 Wests Tigers
2 St George Illawarra
5 Gold Coast
6 Sydney Roosters
First rabs now bulldog,i prefer it when they all bag us and say we will get the spoon.Can we win it as front runners?
P.s my top 8
TIGERS - Our year !!
WARRIORS - Always consistent, would like to see Tigers Vs Warriors GF. Strong team.
STORM - Will bounce back, still hosting a strong team with it’s core still in placce.
St George - won’t do as well as they did last year but probably will still be up there.
BULLDOGS - Hoping with all their signings they will have a big season & be up there with their talented young halves & strong pack.
BRONCOS - They’re always up there but never really make an extreme run @ the finals.
Roosters - Won’t do as well as last year but will scarpe into the 8
Raiders - Will make the 8 - strongest pack in the comp & the addition of Orford is massive for them…
Teams I’m not worried about at all -
Souths, not feeling it… will place 9th probably, Inglis is all hype… their team is a fat dude & some tiny teddies.
Sharks, never been a threat, will get a few wins but more losses.
Eels, new coach, no halves, bought some rly rubbish players.
Knights, rubbish team, no standout stars in my opinion.
i think penrith, manly, GC will have average season and i’m not sure about the cowboys - i don’t know what they do up there but it doesn’t seem like they do much winning.
1. Roosters (will build on the confidence they gained in last years finals run)
2. Tigers (we will be right up there amongst it)
3. Dragons (will be in the firing line all year)
4. Warriors (will build on a strong 2010, a lot of their inexperienced guys will be even better this year)
5. Panthers (will slide a little, but still be in there amongst it)
6. Broncos (will be back among the top 8, Lockyer to have a big year)
7. Raiders (will struggle without Campo for a lot of the year, but will make a late charge)
8. Titans (will struggle after last years prelim disaster, will sneak into the 8 but do little damage)
9. Bulldogs (still not a top 8 side)
10. Storm (will bounce back after last year, but have lost too much talent [for obvious reasons] still have a good core)
11. Knights (Matty Johns will help Mullen big time, Uate will bag another 20 tries, not a lot else to get excited about)
12. Souths (Inglis will get no ball outside Sandow and Sutton, forward pack is overrated apart from Sam Burgess)
13. Manly (nothing to get excited about here)
14. Sharks (good pack, but no points in their backline)
15. Cowboys (will have another dud season)
16. Eels (Hayne has his work cut out for him, if he doesn’t fire, they don’t score any points)
I probably agree with yours the most MM, most realistic prediction there.
Dean Ritchie is a Manly supporter, hence the Beagles named at third.
Dean Ritchie is a Bulldogs supporter, hence his stupid nickname.
No, he’s not. He is called Bulldog because he is built like one and he has a head like one. He is a Manly supporter.
I disagree with you guys on Manly, I think they will go well this year. They finished top 8 last year without Stewart and Wolfman, bringing those 2 in will make a big difference.
Daley Cherry-Evans is a very good player, he will very adequately replace Hodkinson, plus they have all those kids coming thru from 2009 gun NYC side, easilly the best that has come thru the NYC to date.
I dont really rate roosters that highly, i think they will finish 5-8, as they did last year.
For me Saints still have rights to be favourites, interesting to see how they cope with the “where will bennett be” speculation that will be around until he signs somewhere
Im super confident with the tigers, I reckon we will give it a massive shake.
There are only three clubs capable of winning it this year Dragons, Roosters and Tigers.
The Dragons should be favorites however by a fair margin.
Dragons #1 for sure. They have truck loads of talent coming through and depth in almost every position.
Jeremy Smith is a loss, Don’t forget though that he was out for a handful of games and they kept on winning.
I’d add the Warriors to a lesser extent - especially if their halves and Mateo click.
We got a chance…