Scorching hot chillies

My friend Jase and I love our hot food. We have both lived in asia and experimented a lot with food.

He has a small Habanero chilli bush and we have been cooking with these for a few years now. No one else we know can handle more than a couple of mouthfuls yet we can finish the meal…albeit in a fair bit of discomfort.

Earlier tonight I went to his joint and he’s pulled out these little chillis called Bhut Jolokia. They’re from India and they are regularly rated as the worlds hottest chilli. We decided to do a taste test as we’ve heard of them before. We looked them up on the net and it said that they are over 1 million scoville units. To put that into context, tobasco sauce is around 4000, jalapenos are around 7000, cayenne pepper is around 45000 and Habaneros are around 300,000. We thought we knew what we were in for but still a little sketchy as these are 4 times hotter than what we are used to.

Man were we wrong! 😆

To compare these maniacs to anything I’ve had before would be futile. They are so damned hot that they dont burn…they hurt. They literally hurt your head, mouth, throat, stomach. I had a headache that lasted two hours afterwards.

We ate these at 7 o’clock, its now 11.45 and I can still feel it. Tomorrows gonna be absolute murder 😕

Anyone on here ever tried these before?

@stryker:

My friend tk and I love our hot food. We have both lived in asia and experimented a lot with food.

He has a small Habanero chilli bush and we have been cooking with these for a few years now. No one else we know can handle more than a couple of mouthfuls yet we can finish the meal…albeit in a fair bit of discomfort.

Earlier tonight I went to his joint and he’s pulled out these little chillis called Bhut Jolokia. They’re from India and they are regularly rated as the worlds hottest chilli. We decided to do a taste test as we’ve heard of them before. We looked them up on the net and it said that they are over 1 million scoville units. To put that into context, tobasco sauce is around 4000, jalapenos are around 7000, cayenne pepper is around 45000 and Habaneros are around 300,000. We thought we knew what we were in for but still a little sketchy as these are 4 times hotter than what we are used to.

Man were we wrong! 😆

To compare these maniacs to anything I’ve had before would be futile. They are so damned hot that they dont burn…they hurt. They literally hurt your head, mouth, throat, stomach. I had a headache that lasted two hours afterwards.

We ate these at 7 o’clock, its now 11.45 and I can still feel it. Tomorrows gonna be absolute murder 😕

I believe they’re known commonly as Ghost Chillies and in India they are literally cultivated behind walls to prevent elephants from eating them & stampeding!

I haven’t tried them - but I have smelt them cooking in the US (cooks need to wear a mask when cooking them due to the fumes which are almost like mustard gas and can seriously burn the layers of your throat)!!

In some cases in the States you need to sign a disclaimer before ordering them in a dish - the disclaimer I saw noted that you may suffer bleeding from the nose & mouth!!

Don’t envy your sphincter tomorrow mate!!!

@redemption:

@stryker:

My friend tk and I love our hot food. We have both lived in asia and experimented a lot with food.

Man were we wrong! 😆

I believe they’re known commonly as Ghost Chillies and in India they are literally cultivated behind walls to prevent elephants from eating them & stampeding!

I haven’t tried them - but I have smelt them cooking in the US (cooks need to wear a mask when cooking them due to the fumes which are almost like mustard gas and can seriously burn the layers of your throat)!!

In some cases in the States you need to sign a disclaimer before ordering them in a dish - the disclaimer I saw noted that you may suffer bleeding from the nose & mouth!!

Don’t envy your sphincter tomorrow mate!!!

And your ass 😆 😆 😆 😆

Dude they are EXTREMELY hot!

tomorrow will be like a mixture of hot rivetts and battery acid lol.

@stryker:

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

@stryker:

And spraypainting(hope you have the day off) 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Got a heap of paper work to do. be good to keep around the house I’d say……

Gotta try and get to sleep, my guts are doing backflips lol.

@stryker:

Got a heap of paper work to do. be good to keep around the house I’d say……

Gotta try and get to sleep, my guts are doing backflips lol.

😆 😆 😆 😆

i dont mind some chilli with my food but not that hot! XD

How’d you fare this morning Stryker? Did you strip the porcelain off the bowl? 😆

Stryker MIA - LOL

I love chilli plants they look great indoors in pots and I have all sorts of colours including White / Orange / Purple etc. Good thing about Chilli is Theyre easy to grow.

Some info below

http://www.chilliseedbank.com.au/

Check out Peter Pepper - What does it look like to you LOL???
The world’s hottest chilli is the Bhut Jolokia. It is the Guinness World Book Record Holder with an official Scoville heat rating (SHU) of 1,001,304 SHU.

Anyone interested in Seed Swaps ???

im thinking that we should get canetoad (tiger watto) blind drunk after the leichhardt game and trick him into eating some of that 😃

Yeah the jolokia is bloody hot Spartan…mouth and taste buds still not returned to normal. Really tasty…but only for about 45 sceonds or so. You get hit by waves of heat that increase in intensity for what seems like ages. Would have taken at least 1/2 an hour to calm down.

Apparently there’s a hotter one called Infinity that hasnt been tested fully yet. Might leave that one alone I think…

Been a pretty terrible morning so far…

@alien:

im thinking that we should get canetoad (tiger watto) blind drunk after the leichhardt game and trick him into eating some of that 😃

Haha that would be the meanest! I dont recommend tricking people into eating these things. You’ve got to be pretty experienced to try them…they are hardcore.

A lot of people find raw jalapenos too hot. These things are close to 150 times hotter!

They have a pie down at Bremens in Umina Beach that is the hottest thing I have ever eaten. They make you sign a waiver before you order (which may be a mixture of showmanship and genuine legal safeguard). Just thinking about it makes me sweat… Apparently the chillies in it are 1,341,427 SHU

Here’s a link http://www.bremenpies.net.au/the flaming ron page.htm

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.