Revamp the footy show

What a load of garbage this show is becoming and well has always been. Fatty is just awful, it is painful to watch mario fenech cop the slack from him and the others on the panel week after week. the big marn why he has a few good lines really isnt anything new….this show barely is up to the modern day standard.
You just have to watch the frustration on benjis face as he tries to talk footy and is interupted.

the show needs a revamp desperately…if you ever watch the afl footy show after it is a mile ahead and they talk footy…it is not a show of gags…and they have personality…not an imbisile like fatty
no wonder the bennetts and sheens’s and blokes with credibility never appear on the show.

I personally think its time is is redone…new styled set new direction…get rid of the gets fats cash and stupid other segments.

have a panel which would consist of some smart footy brains with personality.(good personality)

Get the jogns brothers in running the show. benji on the panel, sterlo, keep ryans segment. have a weekly insight into a club in detail which would be an interview done by one of the clubs premier players. and each week have a guest who have knowledge and talk footy etc a coach or trainer or players…not just for gags. get big jamal doing league of their own in a new style of segment.

if u watch the afl show its even set out better they have the panelists on one side and the guests on the other where that talk across to each other.
This show is CRAP and needs to be dealt with.
footy fans only watch is as there is not much else

Well put out b&g!! Show has been dismal for a long time now. More footy less gags!!!

Posted using RoarFEED

I find it stupid that they only talk about the upcomming matches in the last 20 minutes of the show. Its not a footy show any more its the Variety hour of Crap!

I tend to gravitate towards the footy shows on foxtel so much more because they actually talk footy.

Ryan, gordy, wendell, wiz, junior and the gang are gold.

Even if they do keep Lozza Daley in a job, I can put up with his dribble (every bunch needs comedic relief)

Advice, watch One HD 8:30pm Thursday night, in bed with the woman by 9:45pm asleep by 9:48pm. I’m fast with great hands, but not big.

@claws:

Advice, watch One HD 8:30pm Thursday night, in bed with the woman by 9:45pm asleep by 9:48pm. I’m fast with great hands, but not big.

wait…… what?

being married with two kids, none of that statement makes any sense to me… .😃

claws wrote:

wait…… what?

being married with two kids, none of that statement makes any sense to me… .

Ahahahahahaha

Posted using RoarFEED

Yep agree with all of that. Fatty and others are 5 years past their expiry. I actually find I like the AFL footy show more and I don’t even watch the AFL!

I agree 100%…This show has to go!! The skits have absolutely nothing to do with footy, Fatty fumbles his way thru everything, it’s appalling and embarrassing in the way they treat Mario… If u watched the show a couple of nights ago, Freddie and Beau did not talk for the last 25 mins of the show… Why have footy experts on there if yr not going to involve them!!! Foxsports is killing them with NRL on fox, the league lounge, and both pre-game shows on sat/mon… Ch9 would be better off getting rid of Fatty, putting Darryll Sommers on there and renaming the show ‘Hey Hey it’s Thursday nite’!!!

Posted using RoarFEED

Agree, the footy show is pretty bad, if another station gets the TV rights we should see a new type of show. Like others I enjoy watching the NRL on FOX show and the 1HD shows on Thursday and Monday nights because they are actually about rugby league.

@cunno:

Agree, the footy show is pretty bad, if another station gets the TV rights we should see a new type of show. Like others I enjoy watching the NRL on FOX show and the 1HD shows on Thursday and Monday nights because they are actually about rugby league.

x2 - but it is disappointing that Fox don’t have NRL Tactics on this year. It was interesting to watch how they broke down some of the plays and strategies some teams used.

Vossy, Gould, Girdlier, Sterlo, Tim Gilbert and a different player each week, Benji, Anasta, Hayne. Segments from Idris and Beau Ryan, One on One Interviews With Gould on different players, ceo’s etc.

I missed it on Thursday night what did they do to Mario that got him so cranky

Posted using RoarFEED

Footy Show has been a joke for ten years.

Sack Fatty, bring back Sterlo, get rid of the competitions and sketches. Don’t let Weidler anywhere near the show if you want it to regain any credibility.

An hour and a half of tactical football discussion.

Posted using RoarFEED

@pacey:

Vossy, Gould, Girdlier, Sterlo, Tim Gilbert and a different player each week, Benji, Anasta, Hayne. Segments from Idris and Beau Ryan, One on One Interviews With Gould on different players, ceo’s etc.

Girds is very good on TV, I wish we saw him there more. Better than a lot of the chumps 9 wheel out these days. I wouldn’t mind seeing them bring back Matty Johns next year for the footy show either. I doubt 7 will keep him on next year to do nothing, and he has some personality and knowledge. Panel of Voss, Sterlo, Girds and Matty would be ideal, I guess bring in Tim Gilbert or Webcke (bring him across from 7 too) if you want a Queenslander. Have Gould do tactic/interview segments. If Rabs retires from commentry but doesn’t mind doing a panel show (I guess that’s unlikely) maybe bring him in too.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.