ALLIED EXPRESS TRAINING DAY

ALLIED EXPRESS TRAINING DAY
Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Allied Express, one of the Major partners of the Wests Tigers and the Back of Jersey Sponsor of the Wests Tigers Under 20’s NYC side, held there annual Allied Express Clinic with the Wests Tigers on Monday the 13th of July.

Allied invited some of there key clients and there families to Concord Oval yesterday for the event. The day consisted of the families turning up in the morning and watching the Wests Tigers 1st grade side be put through there paces during there on field training session. Most of the visitors enjoyed watching the players do there “jump and roll” drills, it was like an advanced form of leapfrog one of the girls commented. Then after training was finished the players came over and had photos with the guests and signed some merchandise.

Then the fun started for the kids when they hit the field to partake in some training drills with some of the Wests Tigers players in Gareth Ellis, Chris Lawrence, Beau Ryan, Dene Halatau, John Skandalis, Blake Ayshford and Blake Lazarus.

The activities the kids went through was the Kick for Goal, Catching a Bomb, Passing the ball through the Wests Tigers target and Attacking plays against Blake Lazarus and Gareth Ellis.

After the running around and all kids going through all the drills it was time to refuel with a Sausage sizzle and drinks and prizes where awarded to the Best and Fairest 4 kids from the day.

The group was then treated to a very unique and rarely seen behind the scenes tour of the “House of Pain” the training facilities and the brand new state of the art Recovery Centre, which helps the Wests Tigers players both prepare and recover from there games week to week.

All that attended the day had a fantastic time and Allied Express where very happy with the day and look forward to doing it again next year.

I went to Concord today to use my vouchers, got some shorts, there were a couple of hundred kids with the players running an ARL footy clinic.

I wonder when they do real training.

Yesterday was Kids to Kangaroos Day.

The last of my lot is too old this year (much to her disappointment) but my nephews had a fantastic day yesterday from all reports.

They also got some great gifts and players autographs. Well done to the Club and organisers …

My little bloke was in the K2K day on Tuesday. He had a ball.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme