Turnstyle's thumbs up, thumbs down....

big thumbs up:
credit where it is due and i thought benji marshall was very good tonight. his kicking game was a bit off but nobody expects a perfect game from anyone and he stood up in a game that really mattered and handled the pressure. as much as i wouldve been screaming in anger had the flick pass play not come off, i was shaking my head in disbelief at how good it was. BIG thumbs up to benji.

thumbs up:
beau ryan. slowly turning the tide of opinion and the fans into believers with a very gutsy performance and once again a most reliable player.

john morris. as maligned as the guy has been, he found himself on the wing tonight and even scored, not just a try, but a good wingers try! in his time at the tigers he has been asked to provide a world of results when he only has an atlas of talent and has been admirable in my opinion with his sheer grit and professionalism. good luck at the sharkies.

blake ayshford. what a great young player we have here. never intimidated by anything and has the temperament to go with the great potential and talent he already has. i can definitely see him in a premiership jersey in the future.

big thumbs down
bryce gibbs: after a much improved season i had turned my opinion of him around and become a fan.
he had stopped the obligatory stupid penalty every game and turned into a solid defender and good metre muncher imo, but last night he undid all his good work in one game and i wouldnt be sad to see him moved on next year.
there is no excuse for going in knee first (particularly on an unstoppable try) and who did he think he was going to fool by not getting up because of a mystery injury? i think the big occasion got to him and he played like a neanderthal.

gravity: how dare gravity be the reason a player can land on tuiakis leg, thereby causing all of us tigers fans way more pain than the tank himself?! im not happy about this at all. heres hoping a speedy recovery to the big guy after an awesome season.

thumbs down:
robert lui: unfortunately i think he was overawed and looked out of his depth. harsh on the kid, i know, but if you are on the field you have to do your job.

robbie farah. doesnt look right, and while you couldnt pinpoint him for the loss, i was looking for a real fired up robbie to provide the leadership the tigers needed from him last night. just didnt seem to have any spark to me and i think the guys missed it.

I didn’t think robbie was right last night there wasn’t the usual spark there is, although he was marked quite good I thought he had a quiet game.
Apart from his goal kicking thought Marshall had a great game every time he had the ball he looked dangerous.
The kicking game from the Tigers wasn’t good and they did loose the plot a few time on the last tackle with very poor options.

Robbie’s kicking game was terrible last night…very unlike him.

The kick out on the full that led to their try was crucial. We were 8-0 up and completely on top…a good kick and some pressure was needed.

Instead, we gifted them position and they scored.

Very ‘un’ Robbie like.

Robbie has been so hard done by the refs this year it isnt funny. The amount of times he should have gotten a penalty this year but hasnt is a joke, and what really gets to me is that Sheens has complained to Finch all year about it but nothing has changed. Its like cos Robbie is looking for the penalty they now refuse to give it. Its really burning me. The best work Farah does is at first and 2nd reciever now, and when u consider the drain on him defensively at 9, maybe our best chance in the next 2 weeks is to shift him to 7? Who knows.

kicking from all our kickers last night was pretty horrible unfortunately and probably one of the more noticeable differences between the sides.
i get what you are saying about robbie and the penalties he no longer gets from dummy half. personally, im starting to get annoyed at the leniency the markers and players in the line seem to be getting these days (it always seems to me that as soon as the forwards get the ball someone is on top of them).

i tried to edit the post to include a thumbs up for chris lawrence too, but something went awry. only a matter of weeks after an injury you would never know he was out. he is an absolute gem and i couldnt be happier he plays for the tigers and its only a matter of time before he is wearing sky blue and then probably green and gold.

A bit harsh I think on the thumbs down.

Gibbs was hard done by. Lui is learning and seems to be used as a link-man. Farah is playing injured obviously and can’t buy a penalty.

@king sirro:

Robbie has been so hard done by the refs this year it isnt funny. The amount of times he should have gotten a penalty this year but hasnt is a joke, and what really gets to me is that Sheens has complained to Finch all year about it but nothing has changed. Its like cos Robbie is looking for the penalty they now refuse to give it. Its really burning me. The best work Farah does is at first and 2nd reciever now, and when u consider the drain on him defensively at 9, maybe our best chance in the next 2 weeks is to shift him to 7? Who knows.

How soft did you go Sirro……Robbie Boo

Leave Benji at 7…

@Geo.:

@king sirro:

How soft did you go Sirro……Robbie Boo

Leave Benji at 7…

hahahaha, nah mate i still think his decision making let us down badly, and i stand by that. But i do think we need to look at a way to spark him and relieve some pressure. He looks good at first and 2nd reciever but is doing very little out of dummy half and with so many injuries we need him badly the next 2 weeks. I wouldnt mind Morris and Waters share the hooking role with Robbie and Benji calling the shots in the halves and Hanbury hunting around with a support role.

@Allan Towle:

A bit harsh I think on the thumbs down.

Gibbs was hard done by. Lui is learning and seems to be used as a link-man. Farah is playing injured obviously and can’t buy a penalty.

i admitted it was harsh on lui, but gibbs deserved it and i am annoyed with him and his game. disagree he was hard done by. when has anyone ever been taught to tackle knees first. dont like to see that in any situation, let alone from a tigers player.
probably harsh on robbie too, but i really wanted him to be an inspiration and it didnt look like he was really in the mindset.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.