Ben Ross?

Apparently unsigned for next year…IMO has had a steady year for the Rabbitohs and would be a handy pickup and not too expensive…given we have lost Gibbs and Payten alot of experience is leaving the club…Ross could be a handy pickup…Agree??

No. Why sign this has been who WILL get injured. We have some good young props coming through.

@tigerdan:

No. Why sign this has been who WILL get injured. We have some good young props coming through.

He has not missed a game all season,compare this to our blokes,Cronulla were interested

Forget Ben Ross Luke Burgess would be a definite YES in my books

At the right price, why not.

Considering Sheens was looking to aquire Andrew Ryan for an addition of experience he would not be the worst option in the world

Here’s what I don’t understand and am quite frustrated over. We’re up to the hilt with our salary cap and had to let players go to other clubs to accommodate purchasing Adam Blair (A quality prop people here have been screaming for since the day time started.). We have players like Utai, Daniela and Mitch Brown still unsigned for next year. There are other players from other clubs unsigned for next year or coming off contract next year and several people here want to sign every Tom, Dick and Harry next year.

If we sign anyone next year with proven ability that is worth having, do you people not realise that the club will have to let other players go??? When this happens Tim Sheens and Stephen Humphreys are made out to be the bad guys. If we don’t chase quality players Tim is lambasted by several quarters from this forum, if he does and players have to be released, he cops it again. Like I said before, I feel sorry for Tim Sheens and Stephen Humphreys, damned if they do and damned if they dont.

No. He’s too old

Posted using RoarFEED

@Chris:

Here’s what I don’t understand and am quite frustrated over. We’re up to the hilt with our salary cap and had to let players go to other clubs to accommodate purchasing Adam Blair (A quality prop people here have been screaming for since the day time started.). We have players like Utai, Daniela and Mitch Brown still unsigned for next year. There are other players from other clubs unsigned for next year or coming off contract next year and several people here want to sign every Tom, d*** and Harry next year.

If we sign anyone next year with proven ability that is worth having, do you people not realise that the club will have to let other players go??? When this happens Tim Sheens and Stephen Humphreys are made out to be the bad guys. If we don’t chase quality players Tim is lambasted by several quarters from this forum, if he does and players have to be released, he cops it again. Like I said before, I feel sorry for Tim Sheens and Stephen Humphreys, damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Chris without trying to sound morbid we will have some money spare from Dwyer not playing next season and we probably need to replace him with a front rower imo

That is true and we were planning on looking at another player once the cap increase was decided as well from memory

At the right price I would take him for a year. We could do MUCH worse (i.e Bobcat rumours). Ross hits the line hard and has been decent this year.

@hybrid_tiger:

At the right price I would take him for a year. We could do MUCH worse (i.e Bobcat rumours). Ross hits the line hard and has been decent this year.

I’d be inclined to agree except that neck of his is a worry.

Not for us… We dont need players for a 1 year stint.

If he was so good and so cheap his current employer would hang on to him.

I would rather Payto staying around one year and playing the odd game.

I think we have the forwards covered for 2012, I would be looking at a couple of depth signings

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.