Airlines.

Hi all,

I’m departing on European holiday in a couple of months and we chose to fly with Emirates airlines. Has anyone got any opinion of them? I’ve never flown overseas before and domestically I’ve only ever flown Jetstar, Qantas and Virgin before so I’m not familiar with them.

Not sure. I have only flyed Qantas, Jetstar and United.

I only know one person who has flown with them (Emirates,) and they reckoned they were a good airline. Given Qantas have had some recent troubles with their fleet and their A380’s in particular which are used on the Sydney/London leg quite often I decided against them. Emirates was very well priced also.

Their fleet is rather new also I’m told, particularly the A380’s and 777-300’s which we’ll be flying on.

you’re not leaving before the grandfinal are you???

Of course not, leave on the 13th, need at least a week to recover if we get there 😉

My experiences of emirates have been good. Flown to NZ and Europe with them on both Boeing planes and Airbus. A380 is the best plane you will fly on, plenty of room and very smooth flight. I have to say Emirates is the best airline to fly with. Enjoy your trip!

Cheers AJ, thanks for the report mate!

Posted using RoarFEED

An excellent airline in terms of service and comfort

Let me know what flight you are on. I have a few friends who work cabin crew with them; they are always keen to help friends out

my only problem with emirates would be if they served alcohol or not. apart from that you’re on a winner.

They serve alcohol AHX, already checked mate 😉

Posted using RoarFEED

well CB you’re set. What made you disinterested in Singapore airlines?

@Cultured Bogan:

They serve alcohol AHX, already checked mate 😉

that will calm the nerves, if u r nervous about flyin

I’m a bit of an aviation nut so I’m always reading up on airlines.

Emirates is one of the superior airlines flying around. All the Middle East airlines (Etihad and Qatar Airways being the others) are luxurious and definitely know how flying should be done!

I flew Emirates back from the Auckland game this year on the A380. Very comfortable aircraft and would make a long flight to Europe much more comfortable. You should have no problem.

PS Can read some passenger reviews here:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/emrts.htm

All very up to date and usually specify what route, aircraft and class they travelled in so you can find something similar to your itinerary

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.