Airlines.

Emirates are great mate…If youve only flown Jetstar and Virgin before you are in for a treat.

I’d rather walk then fly those two…Far too many fat people, babies and housos on those airlines.

Choose wisely and enjoy your trip

Yeah you really get what you pay for with domestic carriers Stryker. Not a truer word spoken.

Posted using RoarFEED

i remember once when wests tigers were playing on the goldcoast (i think it was the last year that the titans played at carrara - it was awful rugby league ground) i went to melbas afterwards. it was when gallant was fullback and i think fitzy was co-captain for some strange reason - i dont remember why. anyway i got drunk after the game and almost missed my plane that was leaving early next morning. i was going to cab it from the nightclub i went to after the game (melbas) to the airport but the taxi lines were way too long and i would have missed my flight. i was lucky i got this bus which i didnt know which direction it was going. the driver said to get on though, so i listened. when the bus stopped along this road which felt like the middle of nowhere he told me to walk 15 minutes in one direction, and i did, and i finally found the airport. i was so full of liquor i could hardly walk! im surprsied they let me on the plane - i tyed to act as sober as possible. as soon as i got on the plane i put my belt on, and then passed out. i didnt hear any of the safety instuctions stuff they go through before take-off. i woke up just as we were landing in sydney. it was like i closed my eyes for a minute and i was in sydney LOL

@AmericanHistoryX:

well CB you’re set. What made you disinterested in Singapore airlines?

Why wouldn’t you hate Singapore Airlines, they are the parent company of Tiger Airways our budget carrier who were recently banned from flying and If my memory is correct they also are the owners of Air New Zealand who owned Ansett and who bled Ansett dry to the point that Ansett folded .
This cost not only the consumer heaps but what about the cost to the Ansett employees, they’re still owned heaps and this set domestic aviation back years, remember regional airlines like Hazelton’s.

I made a comment in regard to Singapore on Saturday, looks like it didn’t come through…?

I didn’t consider Singapore because for the same flight it would have cost $300 extra each for my missus and I, much like Qantas was $200 extra each.

Posted using RoarFEED

You haven’t experienced flying until you have experienced Ryan Air.

@Centaur:

I’ve been forewarned about Ryanair. I’ll be avoiding them like the plague.

@Cultured Bogan:

@Centaur:

I’ve been forewarned about Ryanair. I’ll be avoiding them like the plague.

Indeed.

But I guess in the end you get what you pay for.

The Middle Easter companies are the ones to go with for sure. They pay proper rates to their staff, have impeccable maintenance and are not cost cutting everywhere.

Worst airline experience ever was Delta. Got stuck in the Atlanta hub for 2 days because of their incompetance. It is very much like Jetstar and Tiger but with less attention to detail and customer service. The level of montards and inbred is about the same though.

Best thing i found about Emirates was that I requested at booking that I not be placed within 10 ailes of children and they accomodated

@smeghead:

The Middle Easter companies are the ones to go with for sure. They pay proper rates to their staff, have impeccable maintenance and are not cost cutting everywhere.

Worst airline experience ever was Delta. Got stuck in the Atlanta hub for 2 days because of their incompetance. It is very much like Jetstar and Tiger but with less attention to detail and customer service. The level of montards and inbred is about the same though.

Best thing i found about Emirates was that I requested at booking that I not be placed within 10 ailes of children and they accomodated

That’s fantastic. We’ve picked our seats ourselves so we’re stuck with what we’ve got unfortunately. Luckily, we’ve bagged all the double seater rows on the 777’s and the A380.

@alien:

i remember once when wests tigers were playing on the goldcoast (i think it was the last year that the titans played at carrara - it was awful rugby league ground) i went to melbas afterwards. it was when gallant was fullback and i think fitzy was co-captain for some strange reason - i dont remember why. anyway i got drunk after the game and almost missed my plane that was leaving early next morning. i was going to cab it from the nightclub i went to after the game (melbas) to the airport but the taxi lines were way too long and i would have missed my flight. i was lucky i got this bus which i didnt know which direction it was going. the driver said to get on though, so i listened. when the bus stopped along this road which felt like the middle of nowhere he told me to walk 15 minutes in one direction, and i did, and i finally found the airport. i was so full of liquor i could hardly walk! im surprsied they let me on the plane - i tyed to act as sober as possible. as soon as i got on the plane i put my belt on, and then passed out. i didnt hear any of the safety instuctions stuff they go through before take-off. i woke up just as we were landing in sydney. it was like i closed my eyes for a minute and i was in sydney LOL

Alien that’s a classic! I’ve always wanted to do that (knock myself out) before a flight but i’m always way to worried i’ll miss my flight or get kicked off. The reason for this is I’m as nervous a flyer as they come, i can not stand it. from take off to touch down i feel every little bump and think “this is it, we’re going down!!” i think the reason for this steams back to one of my first international flights when i was 21 (10years ago) I was flying back from Hawaii to Sydney and the plane (Hawaiian Air) went through an electrical storm. After about 3 minutes of feeling like i was on a roller coaster all power cut out and we free fell for what seemed like minutes, but in reality it would have been a few seconds i guess. Without doubt the most terrifying experience of my life. (except for meeting the in-laws)

To make all this worse im a travel junky so i must force myself to get on planes to continue my globetrotting. All up in the last 10 years i’d have a conservative guess and say ive been to 50 odd countries and been on 40-50 International flights + 30odd domestic flights within Australia and within other countries. By far the best planes ive traveled on internationaly have been Middle Eastern airlines. so CB has chosen a good line to travel on. Emirates, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, Egypt Air are all top notch with service and comfortableness (is that a word?). In Europe i usually get around on smaller airlines like Austrian Air (first class service) and if you’re in East Asia/Sth East Asia you simply can not beat the Malaysian budget airline, Air Asia for service and price.

Went to Melbas? Therein lies your mistake!

I recently took a four-week trip to America. Sydney - San Francisco - Seattle - San Jose - New York - Sydney flying several different airlines.

Since Qantas dumped San Fran a few months ago to pick up Dallas/Fort Worth, the only non-stop flight SYD-SFO is with United Airlines. Being the crap airline they are, I looked for other ways to get there which meant connecting via Los Angeles which is a pain in the backside. Instead, I went with Air New Zealand via Auckland. Awesome way to do it. 3 hour flight to AKL then a 12hr flight to SFO. They were fantastic. Great service, comfortable new aircraft, on-time no fuss departure etc. Would recommend them to anyone.
Flew with Alaskan Airlines up to Seattle. Got a cheap fare on Expedia. Standard airline, nothing special, but were very efficient with both flights leaving 5mins early.
Took American Airlines across to New York. Been on them a few times and again, nothing special. Old cabin crew and even older aircraft, but the flight was only 2/3 full so I had a seat next to me giving the impression of a more comfortable flight.
Delta from New York to San Fran were terrible. Had several arguments about baggage allowances etc, simple customer service could have solved the problem but that doesn’t exist at Delta. On top of that, the flight was delayed twice (almost missed my flight back to Sydney). The cabin staff were fairly friendly but their boarding system is slow and so inefficient. Cool thing though, I checked-in online and had the boarding pass sent to my phone so I scanned that when I got to the airport. Definitely a way of the future.

Jeez Alex, real mixed bag there. I have intention of ever visiting the US so I shouldn’t ever encounter the likes of Delta et al.

Posted using RoarFEED

my longest flight was from sydney to san francisco. 16 hours straight. awful

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.