Curtis??

I notice he was injured last week which leads me to ask the question, Who has 1st call on curtis his school or the under 20s. Because leading into the semis we need him fresh and fit.Can anyone answer this? :bash :blah

His school, although they were knocked out of the comp they were in so he should be right for the finals.

Things have changed then. In my day the rep players were not allowed to play in school games if an important rep game was coming up.

Centaur, he was playing in one of the greatest Schoolboy comps of all time and he was one of the reasons why Holy Cross Ryde went as well as they did.
Let’s not place too much pressure on Curtis, he is only 18 after all and what kid wouldn’t want to bust a gut for a legendary Rugby League school that has been starved of sucess in recent years.

@Leroy The Tigers Fan:

Centaur, he was playing in one of the greatest Schoolboy comps of all time and he was one of the reasons why Holy Cross Ryde went as well as they did.
Let’s not place too much pressure on Curtis, he is only 18 after all and what kid wouldn’t want to bust a gut for a legendary Rugby League school that has been starved of sucess in recent years.

I am aware, my old school also takes part in the Schoolboy Cup.

Regardless of what the boys wanted to do, the respective club generally had the final say whether they were preserved for a club game or were allowed to play for the school. Obviously they were never made to miss the schoolboy final (if they made it) - but they definitely missed knockout games leading in.

I don’t have a problem with Curtis playing for his school - I definitely think it should be the priority. Before he knows it his school days are over. He has another decade or two with the Tigers…

@Centaur:

@Leroy The Tigers Fan:

I am aware, my old school also takes part in the Schoolboy Cup.

Regardless of what the boys wanted to do, the respective club generally had the final say whether they were preserved for a club game or were allowed to play for the school. Obviously they were never made to miss the schoolboy final (if they made it) - but they definitely missed knockout games leading in.

I don’t have a problem with Curtis playing for his school - I definitely think it should be the priority. Before he knows it his school days are over. He has another decade or two with the Tigers…

I agree, things were different in my era as well, clubs often restricted games, especially school games, I think it is better to let them play in the schoolboy cups and so forth.
I remember a time many years ago when a player was forced to drop out of a CHS schools side as his club would not allow him to play, thought it was crap at the time, glad clubs have a differrnt view now.

Wests Tigers have a reputation of encouraging players to complete their playing duties for their school. Players in the past have played for both in the same week and at times, one day apart.

Well he isn’t in the school team that travels to Bathurst tomorrow. Must be injured.

School always took precedence over club when I played
School is over in a blink of an eye and played with guys you may have known since you were very young

These days its the rep duties which take priority. We miss about a month of footy with out club or school sides to play rep footy (SG ball and the like)

I won’t be surprised if young Sirro is a late inclusion in the NYC this evening.

@Scorcher:

Well he isn’t in the school team that travels to Bathurst tomorrow. Must be injured.

So it was Bathurst High who won, I was aware that they had progressed to the Top 4 of the University Shield but was unaware that my old School had defeated such a highly ranked opponent.
I would have gone to the game but assumed the way it was worded in the paper that they played away.

Holy Cross actually played Red Bend Forbes in the Combined Catholic Colleges (CCC) Cup, and won convincingly. Played at Bathurst as it’s roughly geographically halfway between Sydney and Forbes.
HCC has now set up a semi-final for the CCC Cup against Patrician Brothers Blacktown this Thursday at St Marys.

Holy cross were defeated by pats blacktown 24-6 in the nswccc cup semi final match last week at st mary’s. Pats now play the winner of st gregory’s and st domonics college in the ccc cup final next thursday at st mary’s. Greg’s play Dom’s this wednesday at Campbelltown stadium at 4.45pm……

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.