Who will be missed more Blair or Stewart

I know this is only speculation at this stage but there is talk that both Blair and Stewart could get 5 weeks suspensions
If this was to occur who would be missed more by their respective team
I think Manly would struggle without Glen Stewart more than Storm without Blair
Mainly because as a coach Bellamy gets more out of his replacements than Hasler does
Manly have injuries occurring left right and centre with no Wolfman and B Stewart
What do you think

They will both be a massive loss to their respective teams and because they are both good players and important to their teams probably ‘cancel’ each other out. I think Blair will be a greater loss as he is one of the stalwarts to the Melbourne pack which is made up of a number of discards from other clubs. Having said that, Stewart will be a loss to Manly due to the attack he is involved in and he gets through a fair bit of defence. A tough question Happy but in a split hair I’ll go for Blair.

Manly rely heavily on Stewart, especially with their backline hit by injury it will make his suspension even harder to swallow.

Both however melb have less top quality depth in the forwards IMO.

@happy tiger:

I know this is only speculation at this stage but there is talk that both Blair and Stewart could get 5 weeks suspensions
Mainly because as a coach Bellamy gets more out of his replacements than Hasler does
Manly have injuries occurring left right and centre with no Wolfman and B Stewart
What do you think

Both would be a big loss to each team… In saying that, neither should get any further time. Brett Stewart yes, but Glen and Blair served thier punishment by being sent.

The NRL doesnt need this at this time of the year. Its time to start promoting Finals Football and the excitement of our game… Give both Clubs heavy Fines and leave it alone (The AFL must be laughing thier arses off)!!!

5 weeks for Blair and G stewart is ridiculous. They should both be available for week 2 of the finals at the very worst.

Adam Blair Contrary conduct – fighting (referred)

Glenn Stewart Contrary conduct – fighting (referred)

Adam Blair Striking – grade 2

Sisa Waqa Detrimental conduct – grade 2

Bryan Norrie Detrimental conduct – grade 1

Jaiman Lowe Detrimental conduct – grade 1

Sika Manu Detrimental conduct – grade 1

Darcy Lussick Contrary conduct – grade 4

Brett Stewart Contrary conduct – grade 3

Keiran Foran Contrary conduct – grade 2

Michael Robertson Contrary conduct – grade 1

@Tiger Watto:

@happy tiger:

What do you think

Both would be a big loss to each team… In saying that, neither should get any further time. Brett Stewart yes, but Glen and Blair served thier punishment by being sent.

The NRL doesnt need this at this time of the year. Its time to start promoting Finals Football and the excitement of our game… Give both Clubs heavy Fines and leave it alone (The AFL must be laughing thier arses off)!!!

I hate the way people worry about the AFL……feel threatened by it…theyre nothing.

They both deserve to be suspended, you cant directly disobey a referee…those running in afterwards, thats the worst thing in our game and believe me when you see it at junior games with your own kid involved - its scary.
My sons team lost a player for 5 weeks for doin the same…they should be making an example of these players, whatever you think kids/jnr players mimic the elite players in everything

sounds like cont conduct gde 3 / 4 are serious. does anyone know what is this terms of suspension ?

@innsaneink:

I hate the way people worry about the AFL……feel threatened by it…theyre nothing.

They both deserve to be suspended, you cant directly disobey a referee…those running in afterwards, thats the worst thing in our game and believe me when you see it at junior games with your own kid involved - its scary.
My sons team lost a player for 5 weeks for doin the same…they should be making an example of these players, whatever you think kids/jnr players mimic the elite players in everything

Most Junior Games I attend I rarely see fighting etc… a bit of push and shove, but rarely a punch thrown. They have really cleaned it up from when I was a kid. I think the Schools have played a contributing role to it up here as they have a zero tolerance to any contact in the schools. Obviously mid teens are different?!

How often does it happen down there Ink?

@Wacko Jacko:

I didnt really notice anything from this bloke that was worse than anything else. Did I miss something?

@Tiger Watto:

@Wacko Jacko:

I didnt really notice anything from this bloke that was worse than anything else. Did I miss something?

He started the original fight with Hinchcliffe over-reacting. He than ran to the brawl and threw upper-cuts at Blair on the ground.

Both will be missed for sure, but probably Stewart moreso - he was playing really well for Manly this year.

I bet both of them wish they could have that time back again. It’s ridiculous when you think that, after all the hard work they’ve put in over the year, they will now most likely miss their teams’ finals campaigns and one of them possibly a premiership ring, all for the sake of 10 minutes of macho BS!

Stewart for sure, as he’s becoming more of a ball player around Foran and Evans.

I think it’s ridiculous that B Stewart is only going to get one or two weeks. If he connected with his flying dog shot haymaker Blair’s head would’ve popped clean off his shoulders. Only plus side is he injured himself while looking silly.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.