Final Round Showing

The Tigers seem to go well against The Sharks but this game will not be a walkover. I would like to see a total 80 minute commitment without the lapses that can occur sometimes. The Sharks game will be a better guide to our prospects than the Cows game last night. Semi final footy is what I mean.

Any comments ❓

Gallen’s 200th game at home - the Sharks will be fired up to play well for their skipper. I think after the last few games the Tigers would know not to take on the opposition lightly. Three weeks in a row we’ve been winning 16 - 0 and we let the opposition back into the game with stupid errors.

We need to treat this game like a semi-final. A strong 80 minute performance playing direct. No passing out to the flanks in first or second tackle. Let the forwards lay the platform first, then pass out wide. Go for repeat sets and continue to play the game down the Sharks half.

haha. i just started a thread about basically the same things. setting themselves the challenge of holding the sharks to nil which would require semi final footy, 80 min effort.

Sharks will be a real test at Shark Park and the short turn around will not help. The Sharks always turn up and have a go and if you get forced into a arm wrestle your a good chance of coming of second best. Very hard to really judge where we are at after Parra and the Gold Coast, but a strong win over the Sharks will be a great way to head into the final series. I have a fair bit of respect for the Sharks are their gritty style of football. Anyway got a sneaky feeling Lawrence will be back so Iam expecting a near full strength side, so lets bring it on

@supercoach:

Sharks will be a real test at Shark Park and the short turn around will not help. The Sharks always turn up and have a go and if you get forced into a arm wrestle your a good chance of coming of second best. Very hard to really judge where we are at after Parra and the Gold Coast, but a strong win over the Sharks will be a great way to head into the final series. I have a fair bit of respect for the Sharks are their gritty style of football. Anyway got a sneaky feeling Lawrence will be back so Iam expecting a near full strength side, so lets bring it on

Wouldn’t count on the Lawrence being back Someone mentioned that Rowdy had a twinge in his hamstring yesterday on the Forum
Have not heard it being confirmed yet though

I cant help but think in the Panthers, Eels and Titans game we have had the cruise control on.

When we need to step it up and put a side away we have but overall I would label them pretty safe, modest wins.

I think there’s a good chance we will turn it on against the Sharks and (hopefully) meet a terrified Cowboys team in week one who will still be having nightmares of 05!

I remember the Sharks game late in the season in 2005 when we smashed them 36-6 i think and Benji ran wild (he stepped about 10 players before a no look pass for Fitzhenry to eventually score). Something similar to that would do.

Agreed. The Shark’s will require semi final intensity and performance. Gallen’s 200th, and we all know that the Shark’s are difficult to beat on a Saturday night at Shark Park - regardless of where they are sitting on the table.
This one will not be easy - it will be a great hit out before the semi’s - definitely not another “easy” game like the last few weeks.

They gave us a run for our money late last year. 22 20 from memory someone correct me if I’m wrong. Certainly won’t have it all our own way and they’ll wanna finish their year off on a high. A good test going into the semis

Posted using RoarFEED

@jais tigez:

They gave us a run for our money late last year. 22 20 from memory someone correct me if I’m wrong. Certainly won’t have it all our own way and they’ll wanna finish their year off on a high. A good test going into the semis

Posted using RoarFEED

They also had a contentious no try decision go against them right at the death as well. Pomeroy was hard done by in being denied, and the sharks should have got minimum a 6 again right on our tryline, when we were shot ducks in defense.

Should have been a cricket score that night, and ended up being a lucky win in the end.

I’ll settle for another 58-10 shellacking thanks.

Posted using RoarFEED

@Cultured Bogan:

I’ll settle for another 58-10 shellacking thanks.

Posted using RoarFEED

oh that was a beautiful game. 56-10 - and the only reason I remember the score exactly is below.

Robert Lui’s First Grade Debut.

Moltzen Steps a single forward and runs 80 metres to score. Breathtaking.

Tuiaki scores 3 tries (i think)

Marshall Orchestrating the whole massacre.

I giggled my balls off all the way through that one.

and the coup de gras.

Going out to BBQ that night with Family - and the stuck up sister in laws family as well. - who are all sharks supporters - ALL OF THEM - and who all would have watched the game/saw the result.

So of course, I wore my shiny brand new Orange 2009 Tigers Jersey.

Went down well. :roll

We have nothing to worry about. Winning this in a canter.

If we can’t beat the Sharks we don’t deserve a top 4 finish.

I think Sheens will have them primed to play at semi final intensity and if they do, we should have the fire power to win comfortably.

Posted using RoarFEED

I predicted we would beat both the Dragons /Sea dogs but this game nervous big time especially when they seem to lose the plot after 1/2 time as in the last 2 weeks.The Sharks will not be easy beats but as stated if we can’t beat them soundly we don’t deserve a top 4. Finals mindset would have to kick in this week and playing a good pack should sharpen the boys up fingers crossed.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.