Matt Utai

Has been good for us this year with all our injuries. I hope we sign him for 2012.

Your thoughts ?

I agree Bug I think he has done enough to deserve at least one more season with us

I agree, when he was first signed I thought he’d spend all season in reserves

I don’t think he’s played one game in state cup all season

Utai and Mitch Brown both deserve another season and I luckily for us I can’t see any other teams really trying hard to take them from us. Also I don’t think there are any State Cup or Toyota Cup players that realistically deserve a place that’s being taken by Utai or Brown, yet.

Throw Daniela into the mix also.

If Mitch Brown isnt resigned then i’m not here. With his 15min the other night he looked so sharp, ran good lines and looked genuinely threatening! We have no other good fullback option which makes me think they are grooming Tedesco for the top job in 2012. I’d be more then happy to see Brown fill that role for 2012 and give Tedesco another year though

I read in RLW a week ago that we are going to resign Daniella and utai

Posted using RoarFEED

I feel for Daniella, I think he could have really had a chance to show his wares this year with Lawrence layed up for so long but got smashed up himself. Utai, I have been pretty hard on him,but he has been good, I just think its time to look for some speed to cash in on Benji’s magic. I know Sheens loves a machine on the wing to do the dirty yards, like TNT, I just dont know if we can squeeze the goods out of Matty again in 2012

Utai has done good and played strong, should be given another go, we will only be stronger as a team. Resign Brown as well if he isn’t already, he can cover a number of positions and showed on Monday night that he can goal kick. Daniela next in line IMO.

yeah, although I prefer Brown first, then Utai

@MacDougall:

Utai and Mitch Brown both deserve another season and I luckily for us I can’t see any other teams really trying hard to take them from us. Also I don’t think there are any State Cup or Toyota Cup players that realistically deserve a place that’s being taken by Utai or Brown, yet.

Very good point….sign them both for another 12 months!

@supercoach:

I feel for Daniella, I think he could have really had a chance to show his wares this year with Lawrence layed up for so long but got smashed up himself.

Well said supercoach. I think we would’ve been a lot stronger this year with Daniella in the team. I dont think Simona has the size to cope at centre even though he did ok when he was called upon.

I think we have to retain all three - Brown - Daniella - Utai

@Balmain Bug:

Has been good for us this year with all our injuries. I hope we sign him for 2012.

Your thoughts ?

I aggre Bug…

but he does need to keep his cool… nearly cost us against the Saints…

Yes i agre with those comments sign the three of them up, Daniella was playing well untill he got injured & is a very underated player.

Another good decision by the Coach in signing Utai - I think this post is a subliminal message Bug that deep deep down you are turning and seeing the light :slight_smile:

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.