New Member Question

Alright. Im a new member on here. Been following the mighty tigers for a few years over here and i have just one question. What absolute idiots pick the NSW teams? If chris Heighington came and played over here (even tho he’s far to good for the super league) he’d be up for man of steel within his first season. Nailed on. Its probably a question you guys ask all the time. I was just hopin to get some of your opinions on it.

Welcome to the forums! We have an obscene amount of people asking the same question. Hope to see you posting more on our forums :slight_smile:

hey WWT. welcome!

umm, are you asking why he isn’t picked for SOO? if so, my opinion is that in the past he has been unlucky, but for an unbiased view i would have to say he hasn’t really warranted it this year.
and there is a tonne of good back rowers around. personally i would have at one stage had dwyer ahead of him. just my opinion of course.

:sign:

Simon Dwyer is another top class player. Such a shame about the injury, i’ll never forget the absolute brain shaker he gave waerea hargreaves last season. Really hope he comes back as good as he was pre-injury. Just another great young player at the tigers. Cheers for the feedback guys

Welcome Wigan.
I think CWH’s work ethic runs against him in the selector’s minds. He sometimes gets into ‘quantity over quality’ phases.
Twelve punching hit-ups on their own are better than him trying to do too much and getting dominated in the extra five he always puts his hand up for. Coach Sheens has given him a short spell in recent weeks, rather than leaving him out there for 80 minutes and this has helped Chris. The arrival of Blair in 2012, plus the development of Woods, Groat, BMM will hopefully also ease his workload.
Having said that, he is the heart and soul of the Tigers and many club supporters rate him in the top 5 most valuable players.

Posted using RoarFEED

Good to hear from you Wigan. Yes Heighno is one of the favourite sons of the club with a huge workrate. At the time of SOO, he had a lot of competition from other backrowers based on form (and politics) however in recent months IMO his form has picked up and if SOO was run now he would have a greater chance of being picked. At the end of the day, very glad he is playing for us.

Welcome aboard WWT, it’s certainly a question that gets asked a lot around here. I think it’s been said by one of the commentators out here, that if Rhino was a Queenslander, he would have been picked years ago to play SOO.

@Tigerdave:

Welcome aboard WWT, it’s certainly a question that gets asked a lot around here. I think it’s been said by one of the commentators out here, that if Rhino was a Queenslander, he would have been picked years ago to play SOO.

No chance of that happening…. Queensland are the loyalist of selectors and Heighno wouldve always had someone or maybe 2 in front of him.

I’ve never thought he has deserved a run in SOO. He is a hard worker, but is missing an X Factor!

Hello. I’m also an English Tigers fan, though I was fortunate enough to move here.

To be fair, there are plenty of options at lock for the blues. Gallen, for instance, might have been the best forward in the game for a lot of this season. Bird is a vile human being but he’s a fair player and does have a good origin record.

@Tiger Watto:

@Tigerdave:

No chance of that happening…. Queensland are the loyalist of selectors and Heighno wouldve always had someone or maybe 2 in front of him.

I’ve never thought he has deserved a run in SOO. He is a hard worker, but is missing an X Factor!

Unlike Greg Bird who has X factor up to the eyeballs!!!

Yes unlike many other Origin stars like Kite ,Bird ,Ennis, Rhino is not Origin tough or built for Origin .
Just ask the coach or any of the selectors :crazy

@Wigan_West_Tiger:

Alright. Im a new member on here. Been following the mighty tigers for a few years over here and i have just one question. What absolute idiots pick the NSW teams? If chris Heighington came and played over here (even tho he’s far to good for the super league) he’d be up for man of steel within his first season. Nailed on. Its probably a question you guys ask all the time. I was just hopin to get some of your opinions on it.

Welcome WWT. You must be thrilled with the Warriors winning the Challenge Cup.

If Heighno ever left for English shores, he’d be up there with Hodgson, Richards and Galea as some great Tigers exports to the ESL.

Heighington is a great club player but he’s not an Origin player
great club players are a dime-a-dozen

@happy tiger:

Yes unlike many other Origin stars like Kite ,Bird ,Ennis, Rhino is not Origin tough or built for Origin .
Just ask the coach or any of the selectors :crazy

or anyone who isnt associated with the Tigers 😲

Welcome aboard!

The reason he and some others have not been selected in recent years might have something to do wih NSW getting hammered 6-0.

This year, the only Wests Tiger to get a look in, Keith Galloway, got a massive nine minutes or something. Ludicrous. One wonders how a team running in the top 8 all year, or ending 2010 in that last game before the GF, can’t get a look in.

As best as I can remember……Someone correct me if I’m wrong…
2011 - Galloway - Nine minutes (WT finishing well, possible top 4)
2010 - Lawrence named 18th man game 3 (WT - 3rd)
2009 - Robbie Farah game 1 and 2 (WT - 9th, missed semi’s by 1 point)
2008 - ZIP (WT - 10th)
2007 - ZIP (WT - 9th -missed out on for and against)
2006 - Reigning premiers, and all we could get was Hodgo in at fullback for three games. (WT - 11th)

Does this look like reasonable selections?

Sure, some of those years we didn’t fare fantastic, but we were a long way from last, and many teams under us got multiple players selected.

All stand and clap the selectors. Well done! [edited by mods]

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.