Tim Moltzen

I think the article should read
'Despite the fact that Moltzen is fullback the Tigers have shown great heart and skill to win "

Moltzen’s move to No.1 gives Tigers cause to roar
Glenn Jackson September 01, 2011

TIM MOLTZEN won’t admit it, but he certainly won’t mind the quirky statistic that has accompanied Wests Tigers’ seven-match unbeaten streak. The run has coincided with his move to fullback.
With Wade McKinnon battling through injuries, Tigers coach Tim Sheens handed Moltzen - who played just five matches last season due to knee surgery - the No.1 jersey against North Queensland in round 19. He hasn’t looked back and the Tigers haven’t lost.
The Tigers’ run has left the club in the box seat to claim fourth spot - and the prospect of a mouth-watering clash with St George Illawarra, the club Moltzen will join next season. One of the main reasons for the team’s success has been the form of the ‘‘spine’’ - fullback Moltzen, halfback Robert Lui, five-eighth Benji Marshall and hooker Robbie Farah.
Advertisement

‘‘It’s just come with time,’’ Moltzen said. ''The more we play together, the more confident we get, and we start to know where we’ve got to be at what time. Obviously, with the injury, it took me a fair bit of time to get back. I got the chance to play some fullback at the back end of this year and I’ve tried to take it with both hands.
‘‘I’m just playing with a little bit more confidence and all the guys around me, especially Farah, Benj and Rob Lui are definitely playing with some confidence.
‘‘It’s good for us going forward going into the semis.’’
Marshall’s form has certainly been beneficial. His brilliance helped the Tigers beat Gold Coast on Monday night. But the five-eighth was also glowing in his praise of his housemate. ‘‘He’s been outstanding,’’ Marshall said. ‘‘He’s found his spot at the back. He’s made it his own. He runs the ball strong, and he’s breaking tackles and scoring tries.’’
The Tigers face Cronulla on Saturday at Toyota Stadium and a win is likely to secure them a home final, given their points-differential advantage over the fifth-placed Cowboys. ‘‘It’s been in the back of a lot of our minds,’’ Moltzen said of a fourth-placed finish. ‘‘We’ve all tried to say that we’re not looking at the ladder, but I think we have a sneaky peak here or there … But we can’t get complacent against the Sharks, at their home. It’ll be their last game of the season, so they’ll want to put in a big performance. We really need to turn up there. If we work hard enough, hopefully we can make fourth spot ours.
‘’[The win against Gold Coast] was still a bit scratchy,’’ he said. ‘’ … We didn’t complete sets, which was a bit disappointing. That’s definitely something we need to work on, especially going into the semi-finals.’’

Posted using RoarFEED

@happy tiger:

'Despite the fact that Moltzen is fullback the Tigers have shown great heart and skill to win "

:roll

However what the article is saying is in a nutshell -

“Dragons, it might take me a while to find my feet since i’m playing with guys i’m not familiar with, and I only play my best with the people I know. I apologize in advance. By the way I don’t catch bombs.”

ok, I made the last bit up. :mrgreen:

Or he is saying
" I only look good when playing with this years hooker of the year (robbie)and dally m winner (benji)"

Hope the dragons plan for that next year. Maybe that is on there wish list. Good luck Tim. You will need to show more heart next year to hold this praise.

Posted using RoarFEED

@underdog:

@happy tiger:

:roll

However what the article is saying is in a nutshell -

Dragons, it might take me a while to find my feet since i’m playing with guys i’m not familiar with, and I only play my best with the people I know. I apologize in advance. By the way I don’t catch bombs.

ok, I made the last bit up. :mrgreen:

:roll how true!!!..I for opne won’t miss Moltzen at all…I’ll be holding my breath everytime the ball goes near him during the finals…

It’s a silly article because Moltzen was fullback earlier in the year too when we were losing.

Pure coincidence that we starting winning when he moved to FB. Had more to do with return of Ellis and a lift in form from Gibbo, Lui & Farah.

He has been ordinary, maybe slightly better than average IMO. I would take a fully fit Mackinnon any day.

its a silly article but no sillier than the arguments on here in 2009 amd 2010 that Moltzen at 7 was rhe reason for our late rum in 09.

Talk about overkill on the Moltzen articles recently. The guy is leaving the club at the end of the year, let’s get one of our other players and their contribution spruiked by the media instead.

Much ado about nothing. Us winning, while Moltzen is at fullback, is sheer coincidence. As mentioned, there’s been lots of love articles about him this year. He sure is a media darling - imagine how much more of a darling he will be next year when he’s with the Saints!

i for one enjoyed it, given i have read so many times this year, we cant win with moltz at fullback, seems someone noticed we can.
ill never know why you guys dislike him so much.
Many on here ignore his good stuff and harp on any mistakes he makes.

Our record with Moltz playing either Half or Fullback is Super, just maybe he is not as bad as you think

Goose I think most of the dislike stems from him not having a go earlier on in the season. Sheens should have hooked him. Instead he persisted and that got many offside. The kid can play. He has the talent. His head though wasnt in the right place for first grade and as a result he was letting the club down….

He has hit some form now which is great to see but needs to find another gear for the finals. I think he still has one in him and look forward to watching him use it.

I disliked moltz at the start of the year,but credit where it’s due he’s exceeded expectation at fb in the last 7 weeks.At least he’s not doing a fifita or prince and giving up.Moltz wants a premiership cause he ll be waiting 30 years at the dragons

Posted using RoarFEED

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.