OPEN TRAINING SESSION FOR FANS THIS MONDAY

OPEN TRAINING SESSION FOR FANS THIS MONDAY
1/09/2011 3:23:17 PM

Wests Tigers supporters will be given an opportunity to wish the team well for the finals series at an open training session at Concord Oval on Monday, September 5.

From 1pm to 4.15pm, Wests Tigers Head Coach Tim Sheens invites Members and fans to attend Concord Oval to see the team up close and personal on the eve of the finals.

Some of the U20s players will be in attendance as the Wests Tigers U20s team begins its preparations for finals football under Coach Grant Jones. Please note due to work and/or study commitments, not all members of the U20s squad will be present.

This is an excellent chance for supporters to not only to see their NRL heroes but watch some of our future stars mix it with the senior players in what should be an exciting skills session for all to see.

Members and fans will have an opportunity to buy their very own Wests Tigers 2011 Finals T-shirts in the Gearzone Shop or the Merchandise van, which will be parked in the forecourt area.

The t-shirts are already proving to be hot property, so purchase yours now to avoid missing out.

Please note Wests Tigers players will not be available to sign autographs at the open training session.

Parking is not available inside Concord Oval.

OPEN TRAINING SESSION INFORMATION

1pm: Gates Open

1.30pm-2.30pm: Media duties on field.

3pm-4pm: Players on field.

4pm-4.15pm: Interviews with Tim Sheens and selected players

4.15pm: Event closes.

Did anyone go? or are you there?
Anything interesting to report back?

Well after a few interviews with the press the guys started to roll out …Lote/Heino did interviews but didn’t train…others that didn’t train were Lawrence/Bmm/Utai/Galloway/Mckinnon/Groat .Gibbs /Moltzen look OK ,Benji strapping to leg as with Farah.Don’t think we will see Lawrence !4 days out and still not training doesn’t look good.I didn’t get a great vibe to be honest with only days away I got the feeling we might have run our race thats my opinion especially when so many are obviously in Rehab.Others could of come out to train after I left I,m sure some one will correct me …

Story on 10 news soon….interesting member in the grandstand

@Snake:

Well after a few interviews with the press the guys started to roll out …Lote/Heino did interviews but didn’t train…others that didn’t train were Lawrence/Bmm/Utai/Galloway/Mckinnon/Groat .Gibbs /Moltzen look OK ,Benji strapping to leg as with Farah.Don’t think we will see Lawrence !4 days out and still not training doesn’t look good.I didn’t get a great vibe to be honest with only days away I got the feeling we might have run our race thats my opinion especially when so many are obviously in Rehab.Others could of come out to train after I left I,m sure some one will correct me …

I would be surprised if most teams dont have around the same amount of players in rehab at this time of the week. But probably doesnt sound good for Lawrence’s chances if he isnt training but wouldnt rule him out yet.

Sounds like the Timmy show to me. Wants the public to see what he wants them to see. Don’t panic 😆

@innsaneink:

So who was the interesting member in the grandstand?

@sameulcon:

@innsaneink:

So who was the interesting member in the grandstand?

Benji Marshall was in the stands

I woudn’t read too much into the lack of players training, Snake. Remember Sheens said after the game on Saturday that he had been flogging them lately and that this week will be a much lighter preparation, physically. I think the mentality will be worked on more this week - this is the area they will need concentrate on if they are to overcome St George.

@Flippedy:

I woudn’t read too much into the lack of players training, Snake. Remember Sheens said after the game on Saturday that he had been flogging them lately and that this week will be a much lighter preparation, physically. I think the mentality will be worked on more this week - this is the area they will need concentrate on if they are to overcome St George.

Exactly, Sheens said the players will be freshened up this week, which means a light week so they’re right to go on Friday night.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.