ADVERSITY MADE PLAYERS STRONGER
By Wayne Cousins
1/09/2011 3:21:19 PM

Overcoming off field adversity during the middle part of the season has created an even stronger bond amongst the team says Wests Tigers Captain Robbie Farah.

Farah said media speculation of player disharmony combined with consecutive losses to the Storm, Bulldogs and Eels could have torn the team apart.

“I’m pleased with the character the guys have shown, the way we stuck together and worked hard,’’ Farah said.

“The middle of the season was a tough period and things could have quickly turned sour but the boys held together.

“The media were talking about internal rumblings but as a playing group, we have always stuck together. We are a really close bunch and always have been.

“If that wasn’t the case, a lot of those things really could have affected us a lot more than they did.

“I’m just proud of the boys that we continued to work hard. It wasn’t easy and it does make things difficult. I’m proud of the way we came out of it and how we continue to work hard at the back end of the year.”

Whilst there is plenty of talk as to where Wests Tigers would host a home final, Farah refuses to be drawn into which venue he prefers.

“We haven’t secured a home final yet. We still have one game to go,’’ Farah pointed out.

“This week is just as an important game as the last six 6 have been.

“The Sharks are going to be tough this week. It is (Paul) Gallen’s 200th and they have an awesome pack, one of the best in the NRL.

“They are not going to be a push over for us. We are going to have to play a lot better than we did on Monday night.”