Phones.

Hey all,

My phone contract is about to run out and I’m thinking of shifting from the iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy S II.

Does anyone work with phones here, or is fortunate enough to already have their hot little hands on it and give me the pros and cons (especially if you’ve owned an iPhone and can make a comparison.)

Cheers.

My gf has the Galaxy, however I can’t be sure whether it is I or II (when did the II come out?). However I can tell you that she has nothing but problems with the Galaxy, and is desperate to return to the iPhone when a new one comes out.

i currently have the Samsung galaxy no 2.
have not had any issues with it yet. 🙏
am bit paranoid about dropping it and breaking the screen.
going to get an " otter" protective case for it.

one thing when you do get a phone, get the code which extends your ring tone pass 5 or 6 rings.
its very helpful. 😃

Galaxy S2 hands down.

If someone buys me one ill build an android app for this site haha

Been using an SII for a while.
Best phone going around atm.

One of my friends who is a tech head has the Galaxy 2 and reckons it is the best phone he has ever had. Personally I’m giving Android phones a miss at the moment as i want something with decent battery life, but the Galaxy 2 is certainly powerful.

Im hopeless with phones, i generally just stick to the boring old fashioned Nokia…but i have been thinking about getting an iphone. Can someone tell me what this galaxy thing is and does? And why is it better than an iphone

Our tech manager at my work has the Galaxy S and is quite a phone buff, and he has had a play with one (the Galaxy S II that is,) himself and rates them as a powerful and versatile little unit, far more freedom than the iPhone.

Only problem is that I won’t be able to use RoarFeed, but I’ll be going with Telstra and will be able to access the site anyway via data network from just about anywhere in Australia.

@willow:

One of my friends who is a tech head has the Galaxy 2 and reckons it is the best phone he has ever had. Personally I’m giving Android phones a miss at the moment as i want something with decent battery life, but the Galaxy 2 is certainly powerful.

Battery life shouldn’t be an issue for me, I’m usually in the ute or at my desk at work so I should very rarely have an excuse to allow it to go flat :slight_smile:

I recently changed from I phone 4 to galaxy II , lasted about 3 days then went back to iPhone . Despite the galaxy be noticeably faster then iPhone , the user interface was from another galaxy( not as user friendly as iPhone) and does not come close to iPhone . The limited selection of apps was frustrating as well as the loss of iTunes which is very handy. Unfortunately I’m stuck with iPhone for life it seems .

Posted using RoarFEED

Someone buy Kaiser a Galaxy 2

Start a WTF android fund.

Posted using RoarFEED

I had an iPhone 3G and hated it - swore I’d never get another. Then work made us get iPhone 4. Works much better but I am still not a fan.

Have a mate who wanted to upgrade his phone. Was not keep on iPhone due to price of plans, but was worried about using any other phone as he had an iPod and most of his music collection was on iTunes. Anyway he got the Samsung Galaxy 2 and loves it. He can easily shift his music to Windows Media Player where it is very easy to download to the new phone. And none of the restrictions you get from Apple.

He loves it. It does appear very plastic though, so an Otterbox style case is the best $50 you will ever spend.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.