Wests Tigers Week 1 Finals Venue Now 100% Confirmed

Guys,
I am perved off……this is now 100% confirm, that the NRL are forcing the Wests Tigers to play at the Concrete Toilet , Aka , ANZ Stadium if we do finished 4th and the Dragons finished 5th.
If we finish 4th and either the Warriors or the Cowboys finished 5th, the NRL will let the club play our home final at SFS.
This is friggin’ crap…we all should be ringing the NRL headquarters and letting them know , that even though we are the gypsies of the NRL, that ANZ isn’t one of our 4 home grounds any more :bash .

Here is the email, that the very nice Chapin Ayres just sent out to everyone

Dear Wests Tigers Supporter!

In the likely event of a home semi final, we wanted to give our corporate supporters the best opportunity to be involved at the game should Wests Tigers be successful this weekend.

If fortunate enough, Wests Tigers will hold a ‘Finals Function Room’ with stand up gourmet cocktail catering and beverages (beer, wine & soft drink) with a reserved seating area at $250 + gst per guest.
At this stage, the Friday night match, if facing the Dragons, would most likely be played at ANZ Stadium. Alternatively, if we were to face either the Cowboys or Warriors, the match would most likely be played at the Sydney Football Stadium (subject to change).

To register your interest please email cayres@weststigers.com.auor contact me on 8741 3316. I will then send a booking form to you for completion.

Bookings will be taken on a first-in, first-served basis.

Should Wests Tigers not qualify for a home semi after this weekend’s results, your booking will not proceed.

Cut off booking time will be 3.00 p.m. Tuesday 6 September 2011.

Go Wests Tigers!!

Chapin Ayres
Sponsorship & Corporate Events Co-ordinator
Wests Tigers Rugby League Football Pty Ltd

P 02 8741 3316
F 02 8741 3322
M 0400 818 756
E cayres@weststigers.com.auW weststigers.com.au

Wests Tigers Rugby League Football Pty Ltd Concord Oval - Loftus Street Concord NSW 2137
PO Box 169 North Strathfield NSW 2137 Office: 02 8741 3300 Fax: 02 8741 3322 Web: weststigers.com.au/cayres@weststigers.com.au/cayres@weststigers.com.au

Don’t like it but they could fill ANZ if Dragons finish 5th. Can’t say the same if Warriors/Cowboys finish 5th

Posted using RoarFEED

Thread title is a little deceiving - venue now 100% confirmed, when the quoted article say “most likely” and “subject to change”

The league are kidding themselves though. Will be lucky to get 40,000 to ANZ on a Friday night, first week of the finals. I much prefer the SFS but, it would generally easier for Wests fans from the Macarthur region to get to ANZ.
Can’t see too many Dragons from the Gong making the trip to ANZ.

Anyway, I don’t think the Dragons will finish 5th

Aladinsane, I hope you meant “peeved” and not “perved off”, lol.

@prattenpark:

Thread title is a little deceiving - venue now 100% confirmed, when the quoted article say “likely” and “subject to change”

The league are kidding themselves though. Will be lucky to get 40,000 to ANZ on a Friday night, first week of the finals. I much prefer the SFS but, it would generally easier for Wests fans from the Macarthur region to get to ANZ.

Don’t be too sure about the Dragons fans. Last year 6 buses went from Wollongong and were all full ( i was on one )

Aladinsane, you a corporate sponsor ? Book a spot for me will ya ?

I dunno, the semi final atmosphere at ANZ last year was insane. Even though we lost, I thought it was amazing and the before and after drinks with fans of both teams was of goodwill, knowing both teams had a crack.

Despite the seating difficulties and the fact you are further away at ANZ, I would not mind going there again for a semi final.

@genoshan:

@prattenpark:

Thread title is a little deceiving - venue now 100% confirmed, when the quoted article say “likely” and “subject to change”

Don’t be too sure about the Dragons fans. Last year 6 buses went from Wollongong and were all full ( i was on one )

Yes, but it was a Saturday night and one week before the grand final. Friday night, first week of the finals is an entirely different kettle of fish.
And, 6 buses equates to about 300 people.

lol

i’ll be watching this one on tele then

@prattenpark:

Thread title is a little deceiving - venue now 100% confirmed, when the quoted article say “most likely” and “subject to change”

Anyway, I don’t think the Dragons will finish 5th

Not at all Pratten, I verbally confirmed it with the Club……this is out of their hands.
I agree , I can’t see them getting more than 40,000 at ANZ on a Friday night as well…now it should be the Sunday arvo game , and 60,000 is achieveable.
I just reckon we have an advantage over the Dragons at SFS than ANZ, and as a home final we should be playing at a home ground

Fair enough Alad.
I hate ‘the Tomb’ (ANZ) too, whereas a packed SFS goes off. stupid NRL have no idea sometimes.

Wow……they just keep moving the goalposts after the balls been kicked off, can see why theyre doing it…and It seems the club doesnt object either.
No such thing as a home semi anymore unles ur an interstate or OS blow-in team…at least the ‘‘2nd bite @ the cherry’’ benefit remains though.

They could possibly get up to 60K for the Dragons V Tigers match up. It would be huge so I can understand the method behind the madness. However the ANZ still looks souless unless there are 84,000 people there.

Does anyone know what the preliminary final vs st George got last year at anz?

Posted using RoarFEED

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.