KEITH GALLOWAY NAMED GOOD GUY OF THE MONTH

KEITH GALLOWAY NAMED GOOD GUY OF THE MONTH
2/09/2011 10:27:37 AM

Inspiring a young cancer patient has won Wests Tigers and NSW prop Keith Galloway the One Community Good Guy of the Month award for August.

It was while visiting young Wests Tigers fan Lleyton Giles at The Children’s Hospital, Westmead, that Galloway met Jack Wake, a young Wests Tigers fan battling cancer.

Typical of the big front-rower’s desire to do what he can to bring a smile to the face of those who need it most, Galloway spent time with Jack and also invited him to the Wests Tigers’ Round 24 match against the Eels.

Galloway’s award also recognised his role as Wests Tigers’ Black Dog ambassador for ‘Exercise Your Mood’ Round, which aimed to help tackle the stigma associated with mental health issues, and his work in feeding the homeless as part of Wests Tigers’ Exodus Foundation Night van project.

“It’s great to be able to use my profile to help out others in the community, especially those less fortunate than ourselves. I don’t like to publicise stuff I do, it’s not about that for me, but if it inspires others to do some good in life then that’s great,” Galloway said.

As the Good Guy of the Month, Galloway will receive one night’s accommodation including breakfast for two courtesy of NRL sponsor the Holiday Inn.

Very nice to hear!
Good on you, Keith!

Go keefy, go keefy

Posted using RoarFEED

We love the Keefmyster

Posted using RoarFEED

Good on you keefy. Often goes unrecognised (not by us fans) with how much he contributes to our great club both on and off the field.

Posted using RoarFEED

Good one Keithy, love ya work!

Well done Keith. Keep up the great work.

Like a good sauce Big Keith adds positive flavour to the lives of others. Very proud and glad he is a Wests Tiger.

This is the sort of stuff that never makes the headlines, but should. Well done Keith. Proud of all our good guys.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.