Anyone got a spare $6 million

If pedigree made winners this would be the one
Lohnro and Maykbe Diva have just had a colt
Between them they won approximately $20 Million
Talking of selling the colt for app $6 miilion

Love my horsies, but I can never work out how an un-proven colt could be worth so much…

Its like the Tigers spending all our Salary Cap on the Under 20’s, and locking them in for the next 10 years?!

@Tiger Watto:

Love my horsies, but I can never work out how an un-proven colt could be worth so much…

Its like the Tigers spending all our Salary Cap on the Under 20’s, and locking them in for the next 10 years?!

Lots of arab sheikhs love racing

@Tiger Watto:

Bloodlines…

Yeah, I understand that part, but how do they work the variables:

What if the horse doesnt make the race track?

Do they rely on it becoming a group winner or do they buy this stallion purely for stud?

What if the horse breaksdown after 2 starts and is still a maiden?

How much would the insurance be on a beast like this baby???

Probably either Watto Hope it shows some ability as a racehorse and it will never lose its bloodlines
Look at Danehill progeny for example

Mr Ed had an interesting blood line :slight_smile:

You know what the say about the horse racing industry, to make a fortune you need to start with a fortune.

It is probably going to end up as a gelding, like Tugelas colt to Redoutes Choice, Nathan Tinkler bought it and it races as shadowofexcellence cost $2.1 milion and now he hes no balls to do anything with, so the only good he can do is on the race track. He’s only won a maiden on the Geelong Synthetic track as well.

Tugela is the Dam of Makybe Diva and Redoutes Choice is a half brother to Desert King to Redoutes Choice both being by Danehill and different mothers making shadowofexcellence a 3/4 brother to Makybe Diva.

@you know who:

Tugela is the Dam of Makybe Diva and Redoutes Choice is a half brother to Desert King to Redoutes Choice both being by Danehill and different mothers making shadowofexcellence a 3/4 brother to Makybe Diva.

I’ll have a “punt” on this. I said earlier “Bloodlines”. You Know Who is on the right “track”!!!

Furlow on from Danehill is Danzig and then Northern Dancer.

On Makybe Diva’s side the sires are Lonhro, Octagonal, Zabeel and Sir Tristram.

This is Thoroughbred Royalty in Australia. These Stallions were either prolific Group One and Stakes winners and/or sires of prolific winners. All this without looking at the sires on the Dams’ side.

Hence, the $6M tag. If nobody “gambles” on the pricetag, they may race it as a 2yo or even set it for the Derbys as a 3yo….then “let it down” for a Stud Career. There are No “certainties” in racing/breeding but bloodlines that “run” deep like this colt is rare and valuable.

Has acceptedf for saturdaya t rosehill so will be interesting to see how he goes Brenton Avdulla is riding

Rce 2 No 10 Shadowofexcellence second run as a gelding as well, over a more suitable distance so we should be able to see if the gelding has done the trick or whether he is no good, slow.

@TigerGene:

@you know who:

I’ll have a “punt” on this. I said earlier “Bloodlines”. You Know Who is on the right “track”!!!

Furlow on from Danehill is Danzig and then Northern Dancer.

On Makybe Diva’s side the sires are Lonhro, Octagonal, Zabeel and Sir Tristram.

This is Thoroughbred Royalty in Australia. These Stallions were either prolific Group One and Stakes winners and/or sires of prolific winners. All this without looking at the sires on the Dams’ side.

Hence, the $6M tag. If nobody “gambles” on the pricetag, they may race it as a 2yo or even set it for the Derbys as a 3yo….then “let it down” for a Stud Career. There are No “certainties” in racing/breeding but bloodlines that “run” deep like this colt is rare and valuable.

As Lonhro is the sire i highly doubt it would ever be targeted for a Derby.
Its very rare that you see Lonhros progeny tried over further than a mile. They seem to be very handy sprinter/miler types.
Judging by photos of the foal he seems to have mums looks though.

Gee Pokies, I’m not sure.

He won Group races up to 2,000m or so and the stamina from the dam’s side in this case might throw a Derby candidate or two. Makes his stud fee (advertised at $77,000) seem pretty good value for this colt though doesn’t it!

That said, you are right about what he has produced so far.

Derby or not either way I will be cheering it on as lonhro is my all time fav and I also have a soft spot for the diva.

Posted using RoarFEED

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.