It's official - at ANZ

http://twitter.com/#!/NRL

Just announced: Wests Tigers v St George Illawarra Dragons this Friday night @ ANZ Stadium. All the into at NRL.com/finals

Where’s our advantage against the Dragons?

O.K.

I’ve dealt with the ANZ FACTOR.

Game on!

@jas83:

we wouldnt have an advantage if it was at sfs either. the better team will win

Yeah SFS might be a home ground but wouldn’t give us a home graound advantage. Our senior players will probably know ANZ better from when it was our home ground.

@alien:

@jas83:

we wouldnt have an advantage if it was at sfs either. the better team will win

Yeah but at least its our home ground. Just thought the club decided if they played at SFS or ANZ. I can see why the NRL is doing it so its fair enough. We need to play at ANZ if we want to win grand final anyway.

Glad to see the move to ANZ. I’ll be able to get to the game without dealing with the headache that is Moore Park.

@Digeze:

Glad to see the move to ANZ. I’ll be able to get to the game without dealing with the headache that is Moore Park.

Too true and just down the road from Lidcome

Go Wests tigers!!! :sign:

Thanks to WTs and NRL stuffing up my members code at least I will comfortably get a ticket to this one

Boo - Can honestly say i’ve only ever REALLY enjoyed watching 1 game at this stadium! (ever)

@TigerMc:

Boo - Can honestly say i’ve only ever REALLY enjoyed watching 1 game at this stadium! (ever)

😕

dont go then

OMG Not again… Dragons have hit form, cant see us winning, especially at ANZ where the crowd will be 60:40 to the dragons

i think its a bad decision by the nrl… in my opinion, the whole ‘we are a tv product’ stance has been thrown out the window here. play the game at the sfs and it sells out with an electric atmosphere, creating an event, which in effect is a TV spectacle. play it at ANZ and the atmosphere is gone. the TV spectacle is gone… less people are likely to watch the game on TV… the hype wont be the same as it has been before,last years semi against the dragons was so big because it was the game to make the grand final, as was the game in '05.

@pacey:

OMG Not again… Dragons have hit form, cant see us winning, especially at ANZ where the crowd will be 60:40 to the dragons

why do you assume that Tigers fans will be out-numbered?

im surprised of the backward thinking of some people. how is it good for the game to lock out thousands of supporters for a finals game? if it was a normal round game then fair enough but no way for a final. its not like we have more chance of winning at the sfs so whats the big deal. anz stadium only has a bad atmosphere when the crowd is small and the crowd wont be small on friday night. i am really looking forward to it!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.