Finals Week 1

Jumping the gun a little here, but I can’t see it changing.

Fri: Tigers vs Dargons
Sat: Broncos vs Warriors
Sat: Sea Eagles vs Cowboys
Sun: Storm vs Knights

Assuming all highest ranking teams win we will be on the Storm’s side of the draw.

If we lose (but don’t get knocked out) and Manly win, we will be on their side of the draw.

The good thing about those match ups, if they pan out that way, is that even if we lose to the Dragons (God forbid!) I reckon we will get another bite of the cherry, because I seriously cannot see the Knights and Cowboys troubling Melbourne and Manly. They are just making up the numbers, imo.

Manly are VERY vulnerable……no home ground (can’t use Brookie), depleted front row (Scott will have a field day) and a kid at half v The Game’s Best Number 7…and a load of injuries.

I think the Cowboys will get them.

The Warriors have enough weapons to beat anyone…so they may well give the Broncs a game also.

The loser of us v saints could be in danger IMO.

@Flippedy:

The good thing about those match ups, if they pan out that way, is that even if we lose to the Dragons (God forbid!) I reckon we will get another bite of the cherry, because I seriously cannot see the Knights and Cowboys troubling Melbourne and Manly. They are just making up the numbers, imo.

you seriously don’t think the Cowboys have a chance? Manly will be without the Stewart brothers, Jason King, David Williams. I’d go as far as saying that the Cowboys will almost go in as favourites

is tariq sims back for nth qld???

@alien:

is tariq sims back for nth qld???

Out for the season with a fractured tib/fib, I definitely feel sorry for the poor guy after what’s been a pretty decent year.

@GNR4LIFE:

@Flippedy:

you seriously don’t think the Cowboys have a chance? Manly will be without the Stewart brothers, Jason King, David Williams. I’d go as far as saying that the Cowboys will almost go in as favourites

Brett will be back, the rest of them are out. Very beatable. Problem is if the Cowboys, Storm and Broncos win, the Sea Eagles play the winner of our game, and the Cowboys play the loser. I hope Manly win though, otherwise the prelims are in Melbourne and Brisbane, tough places to win.

im hoping we beat dragons and 2 of the top 3 lose. that way we have week 2 off and go straight to week 3 (which would be in sydney). i dont think knights will beat melbourne but maybe warriors could beat broncos, and cowboys can beat manly (which is at sfs i think)

is Ben Creagh injured?

@alexaki:

is Ben Creagh injured?

He has a knee injury but tipped to be back on Friday according to Ch9.

@GNR4LIFE:

@Flippedy:

Nah, still sticking by my opinion, espcially after watching a depleted Manly go around today. I really don’t think the Cowboys are much chop, tbh, with or without Thurston. They are on their way out the back door next week, mark my words 😎

Since the McIntyre System was introduced there’s never been an occasion when the top four teams all won in week one. In '05 the Tigers slaughtered the Cowboys but we had to play the 3rd-placed Broncos in week two because they lost in week one.

IF the top four teams all win this year we’ll play the Warriors in week two and the Broncos will play the Dragons. If we beat the Warriors we’ll be playing the Storm in the PF and the winner of the other game would play Manly. But, as already discussed, the chances of the top four all winning in week one aren’t too good.

Broncs and Manly belted each other yesterday…Good possibility that either one or both of them will lose next week.

@Flippedy:

@GNR4LIFE:

@Flippedy:

Nah, still sticking by my opinion, espcially after watching a depleted Manly go around today. I really don’t think the Cowboys are much chop, tbh, with or without Thurston. They are on their way out the back door next week, mark my words 😎

Just remember that this is not a Brookvale game and that will make a big difference
Flip in my opinion
Thurston will be back to his best this week Think that Cowboys are a big chance and last time Warriors played Brisbane in Brisbane they were extremely unlucky not to win If both Thaiday and Hoffman are gone with a semi fit Hodges it will be a 50/50 game also

IF we happen to lose there is VERY high chance of being eliminated. It will be a very nervous 24-48hrs!!! EASY SOLUTION = WIN!!!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.