Benji Marshall to light up finals, says Brad Fittler

Benji Marshall to light up finals, says Brad Fittler

Dean Ritchie
September 05, 2011 12:00AM

BRAD Fittler has rated Benji Marshall the most freakishly talented player he has ever seen play rugby league.

“And he still has another level to go to,” marvelled Fittler, himself one of Australia’s greatest five-eighths.

Marshall’s showdown with Jamie Soward in Friday night’s semi-final blockbuster against St George Illawarra at ANZ Stadium will be the highlight of the qualifying rounds.

Fittler used to love watching the talents of Brett Kenny and Brett Mullins and marvels at Parramatta’s Jarryd Hayne.

But no one in Fittler’s 39 years comes close to replicating the sublime skills of the Tigers’ five-eighth.

“He is the most freakish and flamboyant player I have ever seen,” Fittler said last night.

The match will be a spectacular way to kick off the 2011 semi-final series. And the man standing opposite Marshall will be Soward, the NSW State of Origin five-eighth.

“Benji does it prettier than anyone else I have seen,” said Fittler. "Brett Mullins was a great. Brett Kenny, Jarryd Hayne, he does some crazy things. But no one does it better than Benji.

“Some of the stuff Benji is doing at the moment … outstanding, flamboyant. No one I have seen can do the things Benji can do. Wests Tigers are working off him.”

A crowd of 50,000 is expected to attend a replay of last year’s grand final qualifier, which the Dragons won 13-12.

Can it be a slightly positive Benji Article on the Terrograph?

yeah I don’t believe it, must be fake

I believe that Dean Ritchie is one of the better Terrorgraph journalists, if there is such a thing.

Oh, the hypocrisy! This is the same rag that published a couple of days ago that Benji treats Fittler with disrespect on the Footy Show??? Clearly Freddie has no issue with Benj.

Benji and Fittler get along well. I don’t know what they are on about.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.