Event buses to ANZ this Friday ???

I’m guessing the answer is ‘no’ but will there be event buses to Homebush for Friday’s game ?

Getting to the game otherwise is going to be a nightmare. Normal Friday night traffic and 50,000+ supporters is going to create quite a logjam.

They roll out the buses for smaller crowds at every Swans game.

I’m hoping so. Anz is hard to get to if the buses are not running and the train takes forever from where live

Posted using RoarFEED

Checked on public transport info site and not mentioned as an upcoming event.

That’s pretty piss poor from the nrl if they’re not running especially seeing as they choose not to play the game at sfs where pretty much everyone can catch a train

@steve-o:

That’s pretty piss poor from the nrl if they’re not running especially seeing as they choose not to play the game at sfs where pretty much everyone can catch a train

I agree it is P poor but I dont get your point….if you can get a train to central/sfs OK then why cant you get one to homebush bay?

if you live in the sydney area then it cant be that hard to get to olympic park railway station. its basically in the middle of the sydney area

I work for the buses and YES the special event buses are operating. The catch is that this game is not an integrated ticket event so you have to pay for transport

Posted using RoarFEED

Qualifying Final 1: Wests Tigers v St George-Illawarra Dragons

Friday, September 9 - Venue: ANZ Stadium

Gates Open: 5:00pm
Toyota Cup: North Queensland Cowboys (2) v Wests Tigers (7) - 5:15pm
Telstra Premiership: Wests Tigers (4) v St George-Illawarra Dragons (5) - 7:45pm
Ticket On Sale Info:

Ticketed: Mon 10am MyNRL Mon 8pm Public: Tues 10am

Match Info Venue Info Transport Info

Train:
CityRail services operate every 10 to 20 minutes between Lidcombe and Olympic Park stations on weekdays and every 10 minutes on weekends. On weekdays there are also direct services between Olympic Park Station and Central Station.
During special major events, additional direct services operate to Olympic Park from Central and Blacktown stations.

For regular timetables, visit www.cityrail.info or for timetable and special event information, visit www.131500.com.au

Bus:
Sydney Buses operates two full-time bus services to and from Sydney Olympic Park to the following locations:

Burwood (Westfield)
Strathfield Station
Newington
Rydalmere
UWS Nepean Campus Rydalmere
Parramatta Station
Lidcombe Station
Sydney Olympic Park Wharf
Sydney Buses Route 401: From Lidcombe Station to Olympic Park Station via Homebush Bay (Monday to Saturday day time service).

Sydney Buses Route 525: From Parramatta Station to Burwood (Westfield) via UWS Parramatta Campus, Rydalmere, Newington, Olympic Park Station, Strathfield Station, Burwood Station (daily full-time service).

Sydney Buses Route 526 – From Sydney Olympic Park Wharf to Burwood (Westfield) via Newington, Strathfield Station, Burwood Station (daily full-time service).

For last trips departing or arriving at Sydney Olympic Park, please visit www.sydneybuses.nsw.gov.au

Ferry:
Sydney Ferries operates to and from Sydney Olympic Park Wharf on the Parramatta River service. The 526 bus connects the Wharf with the Sydney Olympic Park site. Alternatively, it takes about 40 minutes to walk from the Wharf to ANZ Stadium.

For timetable information, please visit www.sydneyferries.info or www.131500.com.au

Taxi:
A taxi rank is located near the Novotel hotel on Olympic Boulevard, Sydney Olympic Park.

@Marshall Magic 77:

I work for the buses and YES the special event buses are operating. The catch is that this game is not an integrated ticket event so you have to pay for transport

Posted using RoarFEED

That would make it one very slow trip….Im guessing return tickets only?

catch the train its way easier

@Marshall Magic 77:

Posted using RoarFEED

That is what lets down ANZ. Every game at Suncorp Stadium the ticket includes transport to the match (it may have change since I left but I don’t think it has). should be the same for ANZ, especially for games they think will get 40,000 plus.

@innsaneink:

@steve-o:

I agree it is P poor but I dont get your point….if you can get a train to central/sfs OK then why cant you get one to homebush bay?

Obviously u can but I meant coz all trains go directly to central whereas people will have to catch 2 or 3 trains to get to homebush. Take north shore line for example, rather than catching one train to central I’d have to go central or Hornsby, strathfield, then Olympic park. It’s just more of a pain in the bum

Just announced today - This is an intergrated ticket event ALL Public Transport will be free with match ticket

@Marshall Magic 77:

Just announced today - This is an intergrated ticket event ALL Public Transport will be free with match ticket

To assist fans travelling to the match on Friday night, all tickets will include entry and travel on public transport to and from the game on CityRail, Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses, regular Sydney Buses, Liverpool to Parramatta T-way Buses and Sydney Ferries

LOOKS LIKE A RECORD CROWD…

Already more than 30,000 supporters have snapped up tickets for Friday night’s match, with ANZ Stadium lower bowl seating to be split between Wests Tigers and Dragons fans to showcase the colour and passion of the rival teams.

:sign:

@steve-o:

Obviously u can but I meant coz all trains go directly to central whereas people will have to catch 2 or 3 trains to get to homebush. Take north shore line for example, rather than catching one train to central I’d have to go central or Hornsby, strathfield, then Olympic park. It’s just more of a pain in the bum

for alot of people its easier to get to anz stadium. especially that the olympic park station is basically right next to the stadium

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.