Greatest Tackle Ever?

There has been some bone crunchers over the years. But I started this topic to get some opinions not only on the biggest, baddest and most brute but the ones that were game changers and lifted the team.

One of more favourites was Scott Sattler making that great tackle over the sideline in the 03 GF.

As a Tiger I can’t go past Dwyer dropping Warea-Hargreaves senseless in last years preliminary final for biggest hit.

Tallis vs Hodgson (poor bugger)

Posted using RoarFEED

@tigertye:

There has been some bone crunchers over the years. But I started this topic to get some opinions not only on the biggest, baddest and most brute but the ones that were game changers and lifted the team.

One of more favourites was Scott Sattler making that great tackle over the sideline in the 03 GF.

As a Tiger I can’t go past Dwyer dropping Warea-Hargreaves senseless in last years preliminary final for biggest hit.

i have to agree with you about the ones you have named

Given what was on the line the Sattler tackle is hard to beat.

i go back to the old sydney sports ground in the i96? les johns tackle on a flying yow yeh it was first game of the 2nd round balmain had gone through undeafted in the 1st round i think it was 66 johns kicked a field goal from near half way ,thats was great the old heavy ball that they played with in them days .

Sattler on Todd Byrne ,Gilmeister on Harragon in SOO ,And the monster of all hits Carroll on Harragon when he laid him out in a Friday night game unsure of the year when Manly played Newcastle

@tigertye:

Hard to disagree on those, although it wasn’t hard for a 110kg Tallis to pick up a 74kg Hodgson and drag him crossfield over the sideline.

Sattler’s tackle would be arguably the best because that saved/won the game for Penriff.

And I agree with Dwyer’s hit on JWH last year, purely because I hate the blockhead scumbag with every fibre of my being.

George Gregan on Andrew Wilson.

Posted using RoarFEED

Brad Izzard smashed Ben Elias in a hit that sent both of them airbourne. Absolute cruncher.

Izzard?…bloody oath he was.

One I forgot Lewis on Darrell Williams That plus the Harragon v Carroll tackle
Two biggest hits I ever saw

I think the Chief squared the ledger in the 97 GF from memory…

Andrew Ryan on roosters player (possibly crocker??) at the end of 2004 grand final just as the player looked as though he was through for a linebreak

I always liked Awen Guttenbeil’s hit against the Roosters, on Ned Catic I think it was. Great comeback shot after Morley had levelled Guttenbeil in a previous match. After the hit he reaches down and slaps Catic on the chest.

I also appreciated Marc Glanville’s shot on Craig Field, Knights vs Sea Eagles, when Field was airborn. I hated Craig Field at the time, funny he ended up playing for us.

Best big man on small man hit was Ruben Wiki, with crew cut and in the centres, collecting Adrian Lam, Raiders vs Roosters.

As much as I don’t really like what he has been doing this year, Moltzens tackle on Minchello a couple of years ago to save a certain try was an absolute gem. Ryans work in this tackle shouldn’t go unrewarded either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoC–ZJWd1U

Wally Lewis’ hit on the kiwi, Darrell Williams I think it was, was an absolute bell ringer

And Matai has puts together a pretty good highlights package as well

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.