Did Bellamy know!!!

A few comments i heard quoted by Craig Bellamy got me thinking he already knew Billy Slater had enough points on Sunday so rested him.

I heard him quoted by Cameron Smith this morning on 2KY saying Craig “spoke” to a few unnamed people about resting him and slater for the final game of the year. And got the advice it would be “beneficial”.

I thought it strange thinking that the coach wouldn’t allow his star player to play the final game of the year with the chance of winning the award, but it all makes sense now, he already knew Benji didn’t poll any points agains sharks and made the decision on Sunday after finding this out!!

Not a big deal but find it interesting considering it’s supposed to be secret!! Also the nrl wonders why theirs betting scandals when info like this is potentially leaked!!

Sounds a little more than just a coincidence!!!

Posted using RoarFEED

I dont think it was that big of a secret that Benji got no points against the Sharks. He was very quiet.

I see your point though…no big deal really…

I agree! They paid the price for there scandal but were able to keep there consistent star players, they have news Corp. Behind them and now the Nrl are rewarding the cheats for everything mainly to show the afl that league in Melbourne is no.1. And Bellamy knew alright to rest slater just as he knew the salary breaches!

Posted using RoarFEED

@Tigerspirit:

I agree! They paid the price for there scandal but were able to keep there consistent star players, they have news Corp. Behind them and now the Nrl are rewarding the cheats for everything mainly to show the afl that league in Melbourne is no.1. And Bellamy knew alright to rest slater just as he knew the salary breaches!

Posted using RoarFEED

So your saying their awards tonight were undeserved? Thats a big stretch.

Yeah I’m stretching it, you isolate those players and they wouldnt be as consistent, look at the injuries we had this year and all the turmoil in and out of the game and to turn it around that’s what a top coach and captain do, what did Bellamy have to do? Or smith?

Posted using RoarFEED

Did Bellamy know though that slater was ahead by 2!!! Everyone knew benji didn’t poll v sharks, but did he know slater was ahead!!!

I’m not saying slater didn’t deserve it. He did great considering he had Cronk and Smith to contend with, but my point is, was the storm given inside information. If they didn’t know and they played him so he could poll points and got injured then that would be massive.

Drawing a long bow I know but they may have got an advantage other teams didn’t get. Like tigerspirit interestingly pointed out, storm are owned by news limited who would be privy to this information!!

What other information are they getting that other teams don’t!!!

Just wanna put it out their that’s all.

Posted using RoarFEED

Well said tiger Dave!!!

Posted using RoarFEED

well I was chatting to a mate who was working there tonight
he knew the result before hand, so no doubt others did too
it would surprise me if Bellamy was told though…

The other point I wanna make is the storm are coming out and saying they put the team before them selves and that’s why they were rested. Trying to spin it positively to get some good publicity.

That’s obviously all crap if they already knew he won before they rested him!!!

Posted using RoarFEED

@Tigerspirit:

Yeah I’m stretching it, you isolate those players and they wouldnt be as consistent, look at the injuries we had this year and all the turmoil in and out of the game and to turn it around that’s what a top coach and captain do, what did Bellamy have to do? Or smith?

Posted using RoarFEED

😆 Are you serious? Smith is the best hooker of all time in my books and Slater is right up there with the best fullbacks. What do you mean if they were isolated they wouldnt be as consistent? Those blokes have very rarely had a quiet game all year…including the test match and three origins.

Smith and Bellamy took a club that was in dissaray (by their own hand of course) last year and turned them into a MP winning side the very next season. If that isnt great coaching and leadership then I’m not here.

As soon as I found out that Bellamy had rested Slater from the Roosters game I text friends & family stating that their was a leak in the Dally M voting and that there was only 2 scenarios:
1. Slater did NOT need to play and poll any points because he could not be beaten
2. Regardless of him playing against the Roosters he could NOT poll enough points to win!

Very sad that such a prestigious award is not closed and secure as it should be. The other thing that annoyed me was that the Daily Telegraph who have such a huge connection to the awards kept running the story this week suggesting Benji was basically a shoo-in to take out the Player of the Year! It smacked of trying to deflect the real winner/result when in actual fact they new the real winner (IMO)

I love a good conspiracy story!

Tigers lost Scott Prince and Brett Hodgson because of the salary cap a few years ago, yet storm didn’t because they cheated!! If we had have cheated and kept them
2 with benji, farah and sheens I’m pretty confident we would have been more consistent than we have been. Not doubting the good season by the storm, but they kept 3 quality players that are important to a team because they cheated!!! You saw in the past 2 weeks what happens when u take 1 or 2 of them out of the team!! Storm lose both games!!!

Posted using RoarFEED

Yeah they did keep the big 4 (Blair as well), but as you have rightly pointed out the players that they lost were replaced with players of a lesser skill set. All the more reason it has been a good effort to finish first.

Dito

Posted using RoarFEED

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.