Heighnington Still a Happy Tiger

Heighington still a happy Tiger, despite near axing Glenn Jackson
September 8, 2011
Over … Chris Heighington almost saw his time with the Tigers ended this year. Photo: Dallas Kilponen

FOR a player who probably displays passion when he walks through the front door, Chris Heighington is remarkably casual about the turmoil at Wests Tigers in which he was nearly caught. Many at the Tigers consider Heighington the heart of their squad and would grimace at the prospect of the back-rower being ripped out. But midway through the season, there was some chance Heighington might have been forced to exit through the back door at Concord.

There was speculation Heighington could be shipped to Penrith, along with winger Beau Ryan. The innuendo, which gathered steam as other players, Bryce Gibbs, Andrew Fifita and Tim Moltzen, actually did exit the building, was stifling, and the team was responded to it poorly.

Heighington insisted this week, before what appeared not so long ago to be an improbable finals campaign, that he was comfortable with everything that happened when it came to his future.

The man is a great Club Man and a Tiger through and through

Well said Chris, very glad you are staying a Wests Tiger.

That was an aweful time for the club.

So glad Chris and Beau are staying…with Farah they are the three most passionate tigers.

Heighno, In my opinion will go down as one of the best players never to represent……

totaly agree swordy!

heingo is the kinda guy you want standing behind you in a fight. just as long as its not at maccas.

Great bloke and very nice of him to forgive the Tigers for the way they treated him.

Excuse me Rhino There is only one Happy Tiger 😉

@happy tiger:

hopefully there will be 30,000 happy tigers tonight at anz stadium 😎

@alien:

@happy tiger:

hopefully there will be 30,000 happy tigers tonight at anz stadium 😎

Happy will be happy with that Alien

and lots of upset dragons!

😎

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.