Marvin Karawana

RLW has us looking at him? I can’t say I’ve seen him play much. Isn’t he just a vanilla second rower with not much talent?

I’ve totally lost interest in him since I realised he’s called Marvin rather than, as I initially thought, Melvin. The idea of having Kelvin Marawana running round for us would have been amazing.

@2041:

I’ve totally lost interest in him since I realised he’s called Marvin rather than, as I initially thought, Melvin. The idea of having Kelvin Marawana running round for us would have been amazing.

:roll :roll

@2041:

I saw that name and immediately thought off the 12th man Sterlo pisstake on Chris Caruana:

“Maruana was in two kinds there…”

@alexaki:

@2041:

:roll :roll

I dunno, Carvin’ Marawana would be ok.

What I want to know is, whether he is good or not because i haven’t seen him play, secondly how will tim sheens find a place for him in the starting lineup?

@EggButterRoll99:

What I want to know is, whether he is good or not because i haven’t seen him play, secondly how will tim sheens find a place for him in the starting lineup?

I’m with you no idea on this guy but will play in the Weststigers premier league side that will win the Comp come 2012.

I don’t see the point of signing him.

The guy is tough and has some talent. I assume he would be second tier contract. Most of our signings seem to be about depth, so we are comfortable with our first grade squad and are trying to build up our lower grades. Just not sure is he a prop or second row?

If he was able to play firsts at the Knights under Smith then I think he must be tough enough and would be a handy acquisition.

So if we are looking to increase depth in this area, where does that leave the Rhys Currans and the Shirnack brothers? I’d love to see Rhys get a crack off the bench.

very average player.

The signings of these ‘average’ players are efforts by the club to boost our depth. But these signings are where the Recruitment Managers earn their money. Every club hopes to get a bargain who transforms into a star or gets a new lease of life in different surroundings. (Joe Galluvao is an example if success, Parra’s old man recruitment an obvious fail- hence Rod Reddy’s recent sacking.)
It’s a bit like futures betting

Posted using RoarFEED

@russelldp:

The signings of these ‘average’ players are efforts by the club to boost our depth. But these signings are where the Recruitment Managers earn their money. Every club hopes to get a bargain who transforms into a star or gets a new lease of life in different surroundings. (Joe Galluvao is an example if success, Parra’s old man recruitment an obvious fail- hence Rod Reddy’s recent sacking.)
It’s a bit like futures betting

Posted using RoarFEED

very good post.

however IMO Karawana is not as good as the blokes we have already not playing first grade. As you say if you jag a player at the league minimum who plays a role in your top squad it is a massive bonus

Is it possible that signings such as Humble and maybe Karawana are to bolster our reserve Grade side if Wests and BRET combine next year. Thats my guess. If the rumours of 1 state cup side are true then im guessing the majority of players will come from either of those but where there are holes or positions where the coach thinks no one from within the club can cover the position in the way he would want a player is signed to compensate for this.

Posted using RoarFEED

@Goose:

very average player.

you cant always buy the star players .

look at brown evryone on this forum loves they guy…but i wonder how many were excited when we first signed him.
probably trhe same wih galloway and payto
maybe even daniela for a few who has had some alright glimpses…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.