Stewart Flannagan

Hey Guys,
So the Sharkies are getting DeGois back, They still have Morris and Aiton for Next year (I Believe) What is poor old Stewie gonna do?? Gave me an incling on the WE he was looking elsewhere…
Personally… I’d love to have him back, I think he would be a good solid cost effective back stop for Farah (Considering we really don’t have one) And it’s not like he hasn’t done the job before (Albeit a while back…)
(Dunno if him and Utai would get along though??.. OUCH!! 😃 )
Thoughts??

Is George Ndaira still signed for BRET next year? If so he’s a more than capable back up. He’s been 18th man on a few occasions.

@batboy:

Hey Guys,
So the Sharkies are getting DeGois back, They still have Morris and Aiton for Next year (I Believe) What is poor old Stewie gonna do?? Gave me an incling on the WE he was looking elsewhere…
Personally… I’d love to have him back, I think he would be a good solid cost effective back stop for Farah (Considering we really don’t have one) And it’s not like he hasn’t done the job before (Albeit a while back…)
Thoughts??

Is there a back story there? What’s the deal with that? ❓ ❓

@underdog:

@batboy:

Hey Guys,
Thoughts??

Is there a back story there? What’s the deal with that? ❓ ❓

Utai took his head off in 2006(?)

He sure did… It was a terrible shame!! Flanno was away…
I don’t rate Ndaira as much as I do Flano, I think the lack of a quality Rake has been a contributing factor to BRET performance this year…
With Humble signing on for next year, maybe Magic will start at hooker…
He’s been going well behind a beaten pack!!
Seems to do well from Dummy when he is there

I would imagine thaty he would have Corby and Politini ahead of him in calculations for next season so am not sure if he will be used.

On the topic of the halves for BRET assuming he stays Miller would be the halfback for BRET or does he still qualify for NYC?

Nope. Stuart Flanagan can’t pass properly left-right.

Don’t really need him, he doesn’t really bring much to the side, very ordinary player who will never be more than a fringe first grader.

IMO he is not that good i don’t see him playing if we have george ndaira who could easily be a better back up for farah incase of an injury.

We will need to get a quality hooker as back up sooner than later. Robbie is not getting any younger and so far has not had any serious injury.

If that changes, what then?

Make sure you spell his name right! The correct spelling is…Stuart Flanagan.

Indeed he was a reliable player whenever Robbie was injured.

His 2008 game against the Rabbits in Round 6 was a very brave and spirited. By memory I think he was knocked out and came from the field and was sent back on and scored a try at the back end of the game.

A player you could count on in my opinion, goes in, gets the job done well.

@magpiecol:

We will need to get a quality hooker as back up sooner than later. Robbie is not getting any younger and so far has not had any serious injury.

If that changes, what then?

Pat Politini
Nathan Waters,
Heck, even Liam Fulton.

Aiton is off contract next year also, I would take Aiton over Flanagan anyday

Ndaira politoni…make one of the reserve u20s halves a hooker…we have heaps of options if farah goes down…even fulton
brown can play anywhere 2

@batboy:

Hey Guys,
Thoughts??

pretty sure aiton has been shown the door
england i think???

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.