Peter Gentle To Leave Wests Tigers

According to Rugby League Week and on The Mole’s twitter account, Peter Gentle has signed a 3 year deal with Hull FC beginning 2012.

that is a loss, but good to him.
I really rate Gentle as a judge of good young talent, he has seemed to bring a lot of high quality players into the WT program.
People talk about Peter O’Sullivan as a great judge of talent, but he earnt his reputation with an open cheque book paying masive overs for players everyone knew of and were already in programs, rather than identifying and attracting on an even playing field. Everyone who is anyone was more than aware of how good GI, Izzy, Hoffman, Cronk were, they were well and truely identified by that stage, Peter O’Sullivan just purchased them.

I think that the group of players Gentle has assembled on an even playing field is oustanding, he was lucky that the likes of Lawrence, Dwyer, Groat and Woods were in our system, but he has attracted the likes of Lui, Moltzen, Ayshford, Miller, Fifita, Mullaney plus many more into our sytem.

He has done an outstanding job.

Good luck Peter, hope to see you at the helm of a club at top level in the NRL one day.

Another Wests Magpies 2002 SG Ball member gone.

Congrats to Peter.

<big>Time to promote Leo Epifania to Wests Tigers assistant coach.</big>

Yeah no.

Thats what Steve G is here for.

In reality we need a strength and conditioning coach. That is of course assuming Skando wont be stepping into that role

Is steve g 100% confirmed.
When sheens was on one of the one hd footy shows a few weeks ago they brought up georgalis and sheens made a point of mentioning that he wasn’t signed yet.

@BeeJay:

When sheens was on one of the one hd footy shows a few weeks ago they brought up georgalis and sheens made a point of mentioning that he wasn’t signed yet.

I remember when I watched it I was thinking it was sketchy but it makes sense when you think that Georgie might be going for the Doggies head coach role as well, and might just have a release clause if that comes to fruition for him…

@Drewby:

@BeeJay:

I remember when I watched it I was thinking it was sketchy but it makes sense when you think that Georgie might be going for the Doggies head coach role as well, and might just have a release clause if that comes to fruition for him…

Heard somewhere last night that Dymock is almost over the line as Bulldogs coach
Maybe Georgallis has been told already he is out of the running

Good luck to Gentle in the UK, hopefully he’ll enjoy some success over there and return a better coach in a few years time.

Good luck peter. I Look fwd to your return and coaching the tigers.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.