Week off or keep the momentum?

I’m thinking at least Manly and Melbourne will win but if you could make the choice would you guys prefer the week off and a guarantee GF qualifier or rather play next week to keep our momentum?

On one hand the week off would give Lawrence and a few others another week
On the other we’re on such a good roll

So are we cheering for upsets or not?

I think we need to keep playing.
I think part of the reason for our poor first half was the games we’ve had over the last 4 weeks. We haven’t really needed to be patient, to build momentum, to fire up in defence. I think we need to keep playing to build open tonight’s second 40. We just haven’t had enough tough footy over the last month.

I would prefer to play next week. Keep the momentum going. When the Tigers had their byes this season, the following game their lost.

Posted using RoarFEED

Play one sudden death game at home (well sort of) for a spot in the GF or play 2 sudden death games for a spot. Give me the week off anytime.

Posted using RoarFEED

We are the sort of team that needs to keep the momemtum going. Keep on rolling on, I say.

Although I’d like us to keep playing with no week off, does that mean we will have to beat melbourne in melbourne to make the GF. I hate the uncertainty of the McIntyre system and I’m not keen on playing Melbourne in Melbourne

I would rather go straight to the gf qualifier and get the week off.

Keep going… what else am I gona do on the weekend? hahah

In all honesty… 12 wins in a row sound much better than 11 😉

The week off is the way to go. A week off would just allow us to be a little more refreshed and make sure Lawrence is ready to go as well. I really don’t think one week off will kill our momentum. You could see tonight that the boys are really playing for one another, if we get the week off we will start the next game off firing!

never say no to a week off and a free pass to a pre-lim final
it would give Lawrence another week to rest up, and give any players with niggles a week off

Week off for mine. We have a few players waiting to return, and the boys are playing for more than just a premiership this year. Two brothers move on this year, and they are vying to give them the send off they rightfully deserve for their service.

@Kaiser:

Keep going… what else am I gona do on the weekend? hahah

In all honesty… 12 wins in a row sound much better than 11 😉

funny, i was thinking exactly that. i’d love to watch another tigers game next week.

and i had thought about the 12 wins, but that surely can continue into next year can’t it?

otherwise you can’t say no to a free pass to the 3rd week. that would guarantee no travel anywhere.

@tigertales:

Play one sudden death game at home (well sort of) for a spot in the GF or play 2 sudden death games for a spot. Give me the week off anytime.

Posted using RoarFEED

Exactly right. Teams like the bye for a reason, so should we. You have much less chance of losing and injuries if you don’t have to play.

@tigertales:

Posted using RoarFEED

definitely. no question at all. a week off will give chrissy more chance and in my view that equates to a better tigers team.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.