GRAND FINAL CELEBRATIONS

i might be getting ahead of myself a bit, but if we do win the comp this year, because there is no more balmain leagues club anymore, would the after grandfinal celebrations be at wests ashfield or wests campbelltown???

I’ll be at Ashfield Alien. I was there after 2005 and it went off. There was no way I was going to that shoebox they called Balmain Leagues. My loungeroom is bigger than that joint.

It was the greatest night. We were even drinking with the great Brett Clark. He was involved in League over in Perth then.

Remember the night well,I was sitting we you guys in the Wests Victa jersey.

This year is starting to feel like that but we have much work to do.I want the week off.

But if we win it ,we must keep everyone happy like then & include Balmain venues equally.

But lets not get to far aheah of ourselves.

by alien » Sat 10 Sep, 2011 3:41 am

i might be getting ahead of myself a bit, but if we do win the comp this year

Yes you are definitely getting ahead of yourself! The Tigers will probably need to win 3 more games making it 12 wins a row and that is going to be a tough task! Just enjoy the win last night and to use a well known coach speak statement “Lets just take it 1 game at a time”.

Bad luck thread….delete immediately please

Terrible thread. Jinx

Posted using RoarFEED

Why not both! lol But yes, Alien, you are getting ahead of yourself just a tad! By the way, saw you holding your C’mon Wests flag several times on telly last night - nice work!

@Flippedy:

Why not both! lol But yes, Alien, you are getting ahead of yourself just a tad! By the way, saw you holding your C’mon Wests flag several times on telly last night - nice work!

thanks 😎

its a banner!

Haha, yeah sorry, I meant banner 😛

@Magpie Magic:

Remember the night well,I was sitting we you guys in the Wests Victa jersey.

This year is starting to feel like that but we have much work to do.I want the week off.

But if we win it ,we must keep everyone happy like then & include Balmain venues equally.

But lets not get to far aheah of ourselves.

Gday Magic, what a great night it was. Not sure if you remember but Brett Clark was sitting on his own and I didn’t know who he was so I just invited him to sit with us.
When he joined us he told us who he was and I didn’t believe him. I hit him with 10 questions from the magpie days and his stint with St Helens. He played in the Challenge Cup final for them. He passed with flying colours and I felt like an idiot. 😃

Hopefully we will get together again at Wests.

I must admit I am ropable after reading that we will meet the Storm in Melbourne if we beat the Warriors.
Absolute bullshit the Mcintyre system.

@shane2801:

I must admit I am ropable after reading that we will meet the Storm in Melbourne if we beat the Warriors.
Absolute bullshit the Mcintyre system.

But if the teams who finished first and second win in Week 1 of the FInals then why shouldn’t they get a home Prelim Final in Week 3?

@alien:

@shane2801:

Absolute s* the Mcintyre system**.

But if the teams who finished first and second win in Week 1 of the FInals then why shouldn’t they get a home Prelim Final in Week 3?

I agree mate. There is far too much attention paid to the GF winner as opposed to the MP winner. To win the GF is a huge achievement . However it can only take a months work. To win the MP you have to smash it for 6 months straight, a far bigger achievement in my eyes.

Therefore I do not begrudge Melbourne and Manly getting home semis in week 3.

Saw the thread title and thought I’d accidentally logged on to the Saints fansite.

Getting way ahead of ourselves.

Posted using RoarFEED

@Ed Reschs:

Terrible thread. Jinx

so many people call me that! 😦

I was thinking a big screen at Leichhardt Oval and post match celebrations there?

Then on to Ashfield/Campbelltown?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.