A good headache for Sheens to have

Unfortunately with Payten and Lawrence set to return, players are going to miss out in our charge to the gf. Players like Brown, Utai and Flanagan look most at risk. The way these guys have covered injuries and helped the side out has been huge! It’s a shame they will miss out but I’m sure their efforts won’t go unnoticed by all involved. Thanks guys.

I know plenty of people wouldn’t be picking Payten but Sheens will definitely be playing him. So this looks like our strongest 17 going forward IMO

1.Moltzen
2.Ryan
3.Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Tuqiri
6.Marshall
7.Lui
8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Fulton
12.Ellis
13.Heighington

14.Utai/Brown
15.Woods
16.Payten
17.Groat/Flanagan

I have a feeling Sheens will pick (and would LOVE to see) Fifita there instead of Groat. great impact off the bench and keeps the opposition guessing with his awesome tackle breaks and offloads. I think he brings a bit more then Groat simple go forward.

I agree but would be a huge kick in the guts to Groat who hasn’t let anyone down

No way…Groat isnt an attacking player like Fifita but he provides something far more important…he charges the ball FORWARD and has a great attitude towards defense.

As for your team Den…pretty much on the money I’d say.

@markotiger:

I have a feeling Sheens will pick (and would LOVE to see) Fifita there instead of Groat. great impact off the bench and keeps the opposition guessing with his awesome tackle breaks and offloads. I think he brings a bit more then Groat simple go forward.

Marko I think Sheens would much prefer Groat simple go forward than Fifita’s go 15 metres sideway for 1 metre gain even if he is palming 3 guys off in the process

Den you are on the money, if both Lawrence and Payten are fit I think Flanagan and Brown (unfortunately) will drop off that bench.

To be COMPLETELY honest I would prefer to see Brown in Tuqiri’s place on the wing but we all know that would NEVER happen… I just hope Lote plays ALOT better then he did last night with Lawrence hopefully back and partnering him on that side. 3 dropped balls is not good enough to be picked ahead of someone as dedicated at Brown.

@happy tiger:

@markotiger:

Marko I think Sheens would much prefer Groat simple go forward than Fifita’s go 15 metres sideway for 1 metre gain even if he is palming 3 guys off in the process

That is true, and frustrating when he does that, but he really only started doing that a few weeks before he was dropped by sheens for this long period. I think by sheensy picking him on the extended bench and Fifita looking like he wants to be out that and play as hard as he can, he will rip the defense apart, offload to Moltz and TRY TIME!

But you never know SHIFTY has plenty of tricks up his sleeves.

That’s our team (barring injuries) next game.

How good is it they we are at full strength (bar Dwyer) at the right time of year!

@markotiger:

@happy tiger:

@markotiger:

That is true, and frustrating when he does that, but he really only started doing that a few weeks before he was dropped by sheens for this long period. I think by sheensy picking him on the extended bench and Fifita looking like he wants to be out that and play as hard as he can, he will rip the defense apart, offload to Moltz and TRY TIME!

But you never know SHIFTY has plenty of tricks up his sleeves.

No he been doing it from the outset even in 20s.Groat is a much better forward.

I reckon the injuries early in the year are a blessing in disguise, alot of blokes are fresher coming into the business end of the season, young blokes developed quicker by getting alot more game time by necessity, Woods would be no where near the player he is had he not had/got to play so many minutes early this year due to injuries.

Fifita is roughly the same chance as I am of being called in ahead of Groat (zero)

I love Payten, but seriously I don’t think we can carry him in finals football.

Posted using RoarFEED

I don’t think Payten should be picked. Great player but no where near the level he needs to be to run with the rest of the team at this time. I would love to see Fifita back in the mix but you have to ask why he hasn’t been getting a look in the past few months ??? Lawrence in, Utai out. Otherwise I don’t think there will be any other changes.

Sorry, but I just have to say it again, HOW GOOD WAS LAST NIGHT. That second half was electric. Everytime I saw the news tonight I was still jumping around the place.

I guess if Payten plays he would replace Flanagan. Suppose he would only play small minutes, but what happens if another forward gets injured and he needs to play longer?

Not worth the risk IMO.

Posted using RoarFEED

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.