I watched the game from a Saints box, was interesting to hear some of their views from the oppositions perspective. some of the more interesting things.
1. Ill start with the obvious, Marshall and Farrar is what scares them. They were saying that they fear farrah more than any other hooker.
2. This I found interesting, the skill and ball movement from our backrow as our main strength, interestingly one bloke was saying that although he feel Dwyer is a better player than Fulton (debateable in itself) he reckoned that Dwyer being out and Fulton coming in has helped the team, cause fulton’s ability to shift the ball and dangerous running lines suits our attack.
3. unlike this forum, they love Moltzen (TBF they are prob biased given they have signed him) they were saying that they believe that moltzen for boyd will improve them as a team, as i said in another post, they were witnessing his best ever game, prob got caught in the moment.
4. They were highly critical of Lui, reckon he is a terrible defender and takes bad options, in fact a few of them were saying if we had a decent organising half back we’d be unbeatable. They did concede he had magic moments, but did not rate him at all. I think they were too harsh, and Im not a huge Lui fan, he has some big supporters on here, they would have been flabbergastged.
5. They were shocked when I was saying we’d miss Gibbs, they thought that Woods and Galloway with BMM and Groat would be a better rotation
was interesting to see how other people view us. I should clarify who “they” are, It was some football staff and officials amongst some other ring ins (like myself)
was a great night as the only tigers fan :slight_smile: