15. Payten
16. Woods
17. Groat

Wont get any complaints here…

Good side.

@steven_tiger:

Good side.

Who would you rather on the interchange though - Brown or Utai? In my opinion Utai’s defense was awful last night, although he could come on when the opposition gets tired and do some good runs up the middle.

Would you rather Payten, Flanagan or Murdoch on the interchange? Payten can play prop or second row and his defense is normally very good but he hasn’t played much footy lately so I don’t know how he would handle it.

1. Moltz
2. Lote
3. Aysh
4. Lawrence
5. Ryan

6. Benji
7. Lui

8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Fulton
12. Ellis
13. Heino

14. Brown’
15. Gibbs
16. Groat
17. Flanagan

@alien:

@steven_tiger:

Good side.

Who would you rather on the interchange though - Brown or Utai? In my opinion Utai’s defense was awful last night, although he could come on when the opposition gets tired and do some good runs up the middle.

Would you rather Payten, Flanagan or Murdoch on the interchange? Payten can play prop or second row and his defense is normally very good but he hasn’t played much footy lately so I don’t know how he would handle it.

Utai was shocking in defence. Gasnier ran through him more times than a dodgy Vindaloo. Utai couldn’t even tackle him when he fell over, he just stumbled past him over the sideline

@GNR4LIFE:

Utai was shocking in defence. Gasnier ran through him more times than a dodgy Vindaloo. Utai couldn’t even tackle him when he fell over, he just stumbled past him over the sideline

exactly. which is why i think i would pick brown on the interchange over utai

@GNR4LIFE:

@alien:

@steven_tiger:

Good side.

Don’t understand all the hate on Utai! This was the first game Gasnier didn’t score his mandatory 50 tries against us. Utai also ran at Soward relentlessly all night, blunting Sowards effectiveness in attack.TBH I would be happy seeing Utai over Ryan, or Tuquiri for that matter( i think at one stage he was three touches for three drops).

1. Moltz
2. Lote
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Ryan
6. Benji
7. Lui
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Ellis
12. Fulton
13. Heighno

14. Brown
15. Groat
16. Flanagan
17. Gibbs

18. Utai

• Flanagan has to stay! Came on for his stint and tidy’s up in defence brilliantly but always manages to get through the line a bit, seems to catch people out with his turn in pace… Moltz, run off him please!
  • Utai; I have no problems with him to be honest, just better stock available at the moment. Half a season ago Ryan would have been 18, with Utai starting.
  • Brown is ‘safer’, which is what we need in finals footy. We have more than enough flair to put the points on.

@Chunky love machine:

Don’t understand all the hate on Utai! This was the first game Gasnier didn’t score his mandatory 50 tries against us. Utai also ran at Soward relentlessly all night, blunting Sowards effectiveness in attack.TBH I would be happy seeing Utai over Ryan, or Tuquiri for that matter( i think at one stage he was three touches for three drops).

With you on this one Chunky love…

He’s played poorly the past month, no doubt. But he’s been out of position. I would usually pick him over Ryan, but Ryan finishing lately has been clinical. If Lote aimes up and goes forward, not sideways against the Warriors (most likely opponent), we keep the roll on Utai offers too.

If we are playing the Warriors though, I fear the lightning quick, light footed backs the Warriors have will tear him a new one…

@Kaiser:

1. Moltz
2. Lote
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Ryan
6. Benji
7. Lui
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Ellis
12. Fulton
13. Heighno

14. Brown
15. Groat
16. Flanagan
17. Gibbs

18. Utai

• Flanagan has to stay! Came on for his stint and tidy’s up in defence brilliantly but always manages to get through the line a bit, seems to catch people out with his turn in pace… Moltz, run off him please!
  • Utai; I have no problems with him to be honest, just better stock available at the moment. Half a season ago Ryan would have been 18, with Utai starting.
  • Brown is ‘safer’, which is what we need in finals footy. We have more than enough flair to put the points on.

x 2, although i would start gibbs instead of woods

1. Moltz
2. Lote
3. Aysh
4. Lawrence
5. Ryan
6. Benji
7. Lui
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Fulton
12. Ellis
13. Heino

14. Brown
15. Gibbs
16. Groat
17. Flanagan

Unchanged for me, except adding Lawrence for Utai if fit. I think Utai has been a massive over-performer for us this season but I favour Brown’s versatility on the bench, and I’d certainly worry about Utai’s defence versus the offloadapalooza the Warriors will no doubt throw at the fringes. I can’t see any cause for bringing Payten in for Flanagan - it’s sad but Payten’s going to have no time to prove form and fitness, and Flanagan’s been doing fine for mine. Can’t trust Murdoch-Masila’s handling or defence.

1. moltzen
2. tuqiri
3. lawrence
4. ayshford
5. ryan

6. marshall
7. lui

8. galloway
9. farah
10. gibbs
11. fulton
12. ellis
13. rhino

14. utai
15. payten
16. woods
17. fifita

@alien:

1. Moltzen
2. Tuqiri (left)
3. Ayshford (right)
4. Lawrence (left)
5. Ryan (right)
6. Marshall (vc)
7. Lui
13. Heighington
12. Ellis (left)
11. Fulton (right)
10. Galloway
9. Farah ©
8. Gibbs

14. Brown
15. Payten
16. Woods
17. Groat

That will be the side if Payten is fit. If not then Flash Flanagan or BMM to be added IMO.

@Chunky love machine:

@GNR4LIFE:

@alien:

@steven_tiger:

Good side.

gasnier didnt score alot of tries because the dragons didnt give him enough ball. almost everytime gasnier went 1 on 1 with utai, gasnier beat him. it was only the help from others that stopped gasnier. when soward ran through when they scored their 2nd try it was because of a defense error of utai. no way should utai be on the wing instead of ryan. ryan is in career best form, and lote will definitely play because he is class (even though he had a bad game)

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.