Melbourne are average

There are people on this forum who fear Melbourne. My bro is on the coaching panel and believes they are struggling and Newcastle will give them a fright. I am on newcastle at 3.75 . Melbourne has an average bench and will be exposed. With Lawrence due back melbourne are beatable as they are in a rut with injuries

we’ll find out about 4.30 - 5 this afternoon.

They are a very well coached team, with three superstars. However, with our current roll-on, I don’t genuinely fear anyone.

My main concern with Melbourne is that they always slow the ruck right down against us and it is tough to play against.

I dont want to see us playing Melbourne next week… They will re-focus and be thier formidable self in defence after a loss. I feel they are the only team who have a game that can contain us…

I’m hoping they have an easy win, have a week off and the likes of Smith, Slater & Cronk are under-done when we play them in week 3. A tight and tense battle for the first 60minutes, bringing the game more and more a game for Mr 20 Minutes Marshall to rip em with 15 to go…

Manly versus Tigers Grand Final!!!

By my calculations, we will be playing Melbourne down there in week 3. I think there were a few teams who would be confident playing them after their showing against the Roosters last week.

I’m adamant that if we play our best we will win, especially considering how vulnerable Melbourne are when their ‘Big 3’ aren’t on song. If we can shut them down, then who else will step up for them? Last week was a golden opportunity for their younger brigade to step up and show their credentials without their best two players and they got smashed against a lower team.

If Melbourne lose JUST one of their ‘Big 3’ players throughout the finals, I’m willing to put cash on them not winning the comp.

Theyre NOT average, theyre the minor premiers, however theyre NOT unbeatable either

@hybrid_tiger:

They are a very well coached team, with three superstars. However, with our current roll-on, I don’t genuinely fear anyone.

My main concern with Melbourne is that they always slow the ruck right down against us and it is tough to play against.

This may not be a problem as the main offender will be wearing his suit up in the stands.

@Chris:

@hybrid_tiger:

This may not be a problem as the main offender will be wearing his suit up in the stands.

The Dragons attempted this against us and we split them open.

The Fraud are a terrific side, don’t underestimate their depth. As long as Slater, Cronk and Smith are playing, they are formidable.

@Chris:

@hybrid_tiger:

IMO the main culprit is Cameron Smith, but they’re all good at it. They get away with murder at the PTB and if they are allowed to do this then I think we will really struggle.

@hybrid_tiger:

@Chris:

@hybrid_tiger:

IMO the main culprit is Cameron Smith, but they’re all good at it. They get away with murder at the PTB and if they are allowed to do this then I think we will really struggle.

If we get Archer again, you can get your bottom dollar it will happen.

St. Merge got away with murder against us.

LOL at calling them St Merge … DO you forget we are a merged side too ?

Melbourne by 50 this arvo, have the week off and then lose by 12 against us.

@genoshan:

Thats not the implication -

I think he’s more having a go at the “Dragons” supporters and the fact that they forget that Illawarra was once a part of the team as well.

@underdog:

@genoshan:

Thats not the implication -

I think he’s more having a go at the “Dragons” supporters and the fact that they forget that Illawarra was once a part of the team as well.

thats why i reckon its better to call them the Steelers

Love how everyone is jumping the gun and focussing on our match up in week 3 lol. We have to actually win in week 2 yet! We will most probably be playing the Warriors in week 2 and they will be hellbent on redeeming that super bad performance last night. One week at a time, please.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.