NZTiger's Special Request: beat the Wazzas!!

This Warriors side worry me…definately unpredictable so if we do end up playing them, the Tigers will need to lift and play like they did in the 2nd half v the Dragqueens. Warriors wont die wondering and the Tigers of course, will go into this with as favourites. Its a very personal game for me. I have about 80% of friends that follow Rugby league that follow the Warriors (and like to rub it in that I support an “aussie side” and not a NZ side & I betray my country hahaha - pull another one d***heads…I was supporting Balmain long before the “Auckland” Warriors came on board) so yes…it’s a must win…nothing better than to rub it in if we knock them out of the comp…but can you imagine the backlash if the Warriors manage to upset us…I think I’m going to be more stress about this than the Drags for some strange reason haha. I knew this day would eventually come! lol

Manu had a shocker last night…will he be out to prove critics wrong or will Cleary name Inu on the wing? Another unpredictable player than can spark things on his day.
And of course, Shaun Johnson…a future kiwis half and very talented that could really come out firing.

A game we should win. Come on Tigers!

KiwiTiger will back me up on why we NZ Tiger supporters feel this way… hahaha

Come on Laurie…how are you feeling about a potential Tigers v Wazzas finals clash right now?

Am equally nervous about this game… Mateo and Inu have always given us a difficult time… For some reason we’ve always had problems playing against them… Combine them with some speed in the haves and fullback and it’s a potent combination…

Also, as a born and bred tiger who has now lived in NZ for the last three years… I know I’m going to cop it if we don’t win this game…

Overall… warriors worry more than any other team in the finals…

Warriors fans are already saying that last night’s performance should be their bad game out of the way…theyre going to be confident of the Wazzas pulling off an upset.

Vatuvei was embarrassing last night, I fear he will come out and play the game of his life to make up for it.

You blokes amaze me. Who has the form on the board, 9 games in a row. Did you see the crap the Warriors served up last night? They would not beat my grandmother. Get a grip.

PS. Check out their away from home record.

The only thing that worries me about the warriors is playing well they have a lot of points in them ( a bit like us in that regard). Vatuvei , Johnson , Locke etc know how to score points. Luckly they are not playing well, so as long as they don’t get a sniff early on we should win quite comfortably.
However NZ If we lose I might not leave my house for a month. Should be good banter a work this week, but lossing is not a option.
Feeling confident, however if there is one team a NZer cannot afford to lose to……

Any news on the injury front guys with a couple appearing in a pretty bad way for the Warriors

@magpiecol:

You blokes amaze me. Who has the form on the board, 9 games in a row. Did you see the crap the Warriors served up last night? They would not beat my grandmother. Get a grip.

PS. Check out their away from home record.

We have every right to be confident but as I stated before, these Wazzas can be top class on their day.
Tigers certainly can’t drop their guard. I hope this is the game that we see an 80 min performance from…if we do that, we won’t have a problem winning this…

Their away record has improved also…while not spectactular, they did take some games to the wire against some top sides (eg. Dragons in R24) and were impressive in demolishing a strong Bunnies side in Sydney, for example.

As far as injuries are concerned I hear their captain Mannering is in doubt so far…

I support both teams. To be honest whoever wins I will say I supported them the whole time. But I want the Tigers to win…but I secretly want the Warriors to win. If the Tigers win I am very happy, but if the Warriors win I am still happy but deep down am sad.

Hard to explain!

WestSupporter - get a grip man and make a choice. If it is the Warriors…… 👿 away with you :bash

@tigergirlz:

WestSupporter - get a grip man and make a choice. If it is the Warriors…… 👿 away with you :bash

you are a kiwi right? I got a strong connection since they are a Kiwi team. Tigers is my team but you gotta understand Kiwi pride.

No…no…no…NO! I’m a full blooded kiwi but there is no way I’d be happy either way in this match.
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!
My biggest fear since the Dorkland Warriors came into the comp, is to meet them in a finals match & be eliminated! This is why I fear this match the most…fear of failure.
Hard to explain.
When the Warriors made the GF in 02(?) I was stoked for the game getting so much attention (for once) in NZ, but strangely, deep down I thought it would be hard to stomach the Warriors being premiers.

I consider this “club” loyalty, not country. The Warriors are in Australia’s National comp so they are just as much " Australian" in my eyes than all the other clubs. The decision to put NZ infront of their name was a joke. Why don’t they take matches to Christchurch, Wellington or Dunedin, instead of other clubs?

As for internationals, I’m Kiwis all the way!! I have black & white blood when it comes to the Anzac battles & can’t wait to see what kind of side the Kiwis field next with all the NZ talent running around in the NRL.

Back to topic, GO THE MIGHTY TIGERS!!

Exactly NZ. Well said. Infact I would go further and say they should not be able to use the name New Zealand Warriors. It’s like the Cronulla Sharks changing their name to Australian Sharks or Brisbane to Australian Broncos.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.