Melbourne plan

I don’t plan to far ahead coz Warriors are a great side.But if we do win I hope the WEsts Tigers have got a plan to move 6 to 7 Thousand to Etihad…buses and accommodation.what ever .It will be so important for the boys to us there with them…so start pushing your Tiger Brothers and sisters .

Posted using RoarFEED

@magpie2tiger:

I don’t plan to far ahead coz Warriors are a great side.But if we do win I hope the WEsts Tigers have got a plan to move 6 to 7 Thousand to Etihad…buses and accommodation.what ever .It will be so important for the boys to us there with them…so start pushing your Tiger Brothers and sisters .

Posted using RoarFEED

I think your idea is a good one. We wont get 6-7 thousand Tiger fans there but given the importance of the game, I hope the club does consider hiring some coaches for this. I think they did for the Raiders semi final game last year? It would be a massive trip but many would be interested especially since it will be played on the Saturday night. Leave early Saturday, get back late Sunday afternoon. Because the date in already close flights down Sat and back Sunday aren’t looking too cheap unless you fly with Tiger. Having said all that the Storm need to win today and us next week before we can really start making plans.

I agree.
Does anyone know if the club will organise something for members/fans to get down to Melbourne? I reckon we would have no trouble in getting about 10 coaches full of supporters to go down. Maybe the club should subsidise (members primarily) a travel/ticket package so that it will encourage more of us to go down and support the boys.
How many people out there would be interested in going down? And who would be the right person to contact to see if the club is intending on organising something.

@Craig_D:

I agree.
Does anyone know if the club will organise something for members/fans to get down to Melbourne? I reckon we would have no trouble in getting about 10 coaches full of supporters to go down. Maybe the club should subsidise (members primarily) a travel/ticket package so that it will encourage more of us to go down and support the boys.
How many people out there would be interested in going down? And who would be the right person to contact to see if the club is intending on organising something.

Good luck with that

Last year the club was shamed into organising some buses to Canberra !!

Never the less I hope they organise something, but I highly doubt it

There were two buses last year down to canberra, thanks to pressure from fans on the club and Patty Perkins

They may bow to pressure again, maybe…cant see them organizing accomodation though…logistically near impossible with this short notice

2 buses wont be nearly enough. I reckon that there would be enough support out there to fill way more buses than that.
I have just emailed the club, so hopefully I hear something back tomorrow. I will keep track of numbers on here so I can then ring the club and keep pushing them to organise something.

The NRL may have a problem hiring Eitihad for that game.

i would definitely be interested in going down to melbourne again. i have gone down there a couple of times to watch wests tigers play

@Balmain Bug:

why wouldnt it be at aami park ❓ ❓ ❓

This talk about Melbourne is scaring me. I hope our team isn’t thinking like this and has their mind 100% on next week.

@alien:

@Balmain Bug:

why wouldnt it be at aami park ❓ ❓ ❓

You posted this info yourself earlier, elsewhere.

The following Regions and venues may qualify to host a Final in > Week 3:
New South Wales/ACT:
All Teams: Sydney Football Stadium, ANZ Stadium

Queensland:
South East Queensland Region: Suncorp Stadium
North Queensland Region: Dairy Farmers Stadium

Victoria:
Melbourne: Etihad Stadium
, MCG**

New Zealand:
Auckland: Mt Smart Stadium

• A decision on which days both Finals will be played will be made following the completion of Week 1
    **** Please note that Ticketek do NOT provide ticketing services for these venues**

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=NRLPRELI11

AFL has priority at Etihad.

“The winner of this match will progress to week 3 of the Telstra Premiership Finals series, and take on the Melbourne Storm in the Preliminary Final on Saturday 24th September at either AAMI Park or Etihad Stadium. Kick off TBC”

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=NRLSFSSF11

My Aussie Rules friends in the office have said that both AFL finals will be at the MCG that weekend so Etihad should be free.

Would be great, for whichever team gets there, to eliminate some of the home advantage the storm would otherwise have at the rectangular venue.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.