Is Stosur any chance against Williams

For those who don’t know Samantha Stosur has qualified for the final of the US Open against Serena Williams I think Stosur is some chance She prefers playing against heavy hitters are they aren’t too many bigger than Serena
My biggest issue with Sam is the mental aspect of the final
Hope she wins She seems like a very nice person both on and off the court
Another Qlder leading the way

I think she’s a great chance, Serena isn’t at her best this tournament, if this was 2010 I would have written Stosur off, but I think she can break our 9 year grand slam hoodoo.

I hope so! She certainly has the physical game to win, it’s just the mental area that’s been the problem, as you said Happy. She has been working to overcome this though - let’s hope she has. It would be great to have an Aussie woman win a slam again - it’s been waaay too long. Go Sam!!! Even though you are a Queenslander 😉

@Flippedy:

Go Sam!!! Even though you are a Queenslander 😉

All Australias best sports people are mate…

She’ll be fine.

Serena will win it, she’s a class above the rest of the women in the world when she actually plays.

@stryker:

@Flippedy:

All Australias best sports people are mate

She’ll be fine.

LOL, not always, Stryker. Thorpie and Dawn - our 2 best ever swimmers (arguably) are both from NSW. You gotta give us some credit 😛

@Flippedy:

@stryker:

@Flippedy:

All Australias best sports people are mate

She’ll be fine.

LOL, not always, Stryker. Thorpie and Dawn - our 2 best ever swimmers (arguably) are both from NSW. You gotta give us some credit 😛

Rice ,Hackett , Perkins ,O’Neill
I reckon Thorpie’s going to tarnish his reputation coming out of retirement
Not doing it for the right reasons

Stosur is very much a chance. Hopefully she has beaten her demons because she won’t beat Serena if she hasn’t.

Sam win 6-2 6-3 First Aussie Woman in 31 years to win a grand slam Great work Sammie We are all very proud

Thats the only problem with some Queenslanders they think they are another country, they forget we are all Aussies.

Just watched the match. Sensational. I loved listening to whoever the female commentator was prior to the match getting under way. She was asked how Stsur could match it with Williams and she basically said, she couldn’t. How weak was some of the crowd and Williams entourage. Poor form for tennis with the yelling, etc. Great temperamant from Stosur. Love the “just get on with it” attitude. Well deserved drubbing victory.

Well done Sam. Well earned victory, carpe diem.

@tigerbenji:

Thats the only problem with some Queenslanders they think they are another country, they forget we are all Aussies.

only jokes mate….

Well done Sammy S…smashed her!

@tigerbenji:

Yes we are all Aussies its just that most Aussies couldn’t lace a Queenslanders shoelace sports wise
Apart from cricket and Gayfl we rule the roost in almost every major sport in Australia

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.